Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Do universities allow you to apply for a scholarship only after you have been accepted?

Because I want to apply for a scholarship and only proceed if I win it.

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by verier)
    Hello!

Do universities allow you to apply for a scholarship only after you have been accepted?

Because I want to apply for a scholarship and only proceed if I win it.

Thanks
    Hey there!

I found some really useful guidance on this from prospects.co.uk under the heading 'How to Apply for Scholarships'. They say that many universities will only allow you to apply for scholarships after receiving an offer. However, some will allow you to apply for funding alongside your course. Its important to research each university/scholarship you wish to apply to carefully, as they will each have different criteria.

The key is often in the wording; if you take a look at one of UEA's Master's scholarships for International Development for example, you'll see that it is awarded to "All eligible candidates... to whom the School have made an offer". The scholarship is awarded after a course offer is made.

I hope this has helped! What're you planning in studying?

Fred - UEA PG Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of East Anglia PG Student Rep)
    Hey there!

I found some really useful guidance on this from prospects.co.uk under the heading 'How to Apply for Scholarships'. They say that many universities will only allow you to apply for scholarships after receiving an offer. However, some will allow you to apply for funding alongside your course. Its important to research each university/scholarship you wish to apply to carefully, as they will each have different criteria.

The key is often in the wording; if you take a look at one of UEA's Master's scholarships for International Development for example, you'll see that it is awarded to "All eligible candidates... to whom the School have made an offer". The scholarship is awarded after a course offer is made.

I hope this has helped! What're you planning in studying?

Fred - UEA PG Rep
    Hi Fred,
    I was thinking of Master in Finance, can you suggest any scholarship available?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by verier)
    Hi Fred,
    I was thinking of Master in Finance, can you suggest any scholarship available?
    There are a vast number of scholarships available from different sources - most universities will offer scholarships to students for meeting certain academic criteria. Its up to you to decide which scholarship option, if any, are suitable for you when you apply for your Masters. Take a look at some of UEA Buisness School's postgraduate scholarships for some examples of some Finance scholarships

There are also government funded and charity funded scholarships available - explore some of those options here. These are often dependent on factors such as nationality or place of residence.

Hope this helps!

Fred - UEA PG Rep

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.