Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

So I just wanted to know if im expecting too much or its not me.
    My boyfriends gone on holiday to dubai( so rule the not having wifi anywhere excuse because Dubai is not in the middle of a forest) and we both agreed he’ll try and text here and there jusy to update or what not. I wasnt expecting a hour one conversation by any means because i went on holiday myself and know how it is. So 4 nights have gone past and i have literally recieved nothing just one text saying hi then he disappers. I can see his read my replies. What annoys me the most is that he snaps and uploads on instagram constantly but doesnt even bother messaging me so he cant even use any excuse. Even just few lines before he sleeps would keep me happy. After all when i went holiday I had no wifi anywhere just my hotel lobby but i managed to call n text evrry day. So i dont see no excuse, why should i have to tell him to make effort he would naturally want to do right?
    So people am i being a needy gf or is he being inconsiderate
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by sammie101)
    Hi everyone

So I just wanted to know if im expecting too much or its not me.
    My boyfriends gone on holiday to dubai( so rule the not having wifi anywhere excuse because Dubai is not in the middle of a forest) and we both agreed he’ll try and text here and there jusy to update or what not. I wasnt expecting a hour one conversation by any means because i went on holiday myself and know how it is. So 4 nights have gone past and i have literally recieved nothing just one text saying hi then he disappers. I can see his read my replies. What annoys me the most is that he snaps and uploads on instagram constantly but doesnt even bother messaging me so he cant even use any excuse. Even just few lines before he sleeps would keep me happy. After all when i went holiday I had no wifi anywhere just my hotel lobby but i managed to call n text evrry day. So i dont see no excuse, why should i have to tell him to make effort he would naturally want to do right?
    So people am i being a needy gf or is he being inconsiderate
    Depends on your relationship. I think if he knows you would appreciate just to be in contact and agreed beforehand, then he should stick to that. Alternatively you should just chill and it wouldnt automagically bother me.

In contracts what I think you do have good grounds to be less than pleased about is:

1. Reading messages and not bothering to reply. That is a bit rude. Ofc you can say busy, but if hes read lots, then even a short e-mail or text back might catch up instead of letting you feel its all one way and he is too important.

2. Using instagram all the time, when a few minutes could be spent on you his gf.

Instead of driving yourself mad, then you can either write off the period and expect nothing or have a think about his behaviour. He's being inconsiderate, but its up to you to decide if you are cool with not talking for one or two weeks or his lack of consideration is a big deal and whether you want t mention it or it means your relationship means a lot less to him and is weaker than you thought.

If you were really close he would know and seek to reassure imo.
    Stop driving yourself mad, stop texting and chill at home where you can think what you want. Go out with friends and sort it later.

ReputationRep:
    You’re not being needy and he does seem inconsiderate.! He’s got time to post for other peoples pleasure but hasn’t got time to text a quick “missing you” .

Don’t go off on him when he is in holiday (it might ruin it and you’ll be seen as “nagging”) but when he comes back calmly let him know that his lack of communication really upset you.

To be fair, I think if someone loves you and misses you, they’ll find the time to tell you. Depending on how long you’ve been together?

The next test will be when he goes away again, if he repeats this behaviour or makes more of an effort xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    When I go away, I like to avoid my phone, internet etc. He may be doing that? Also some people may just want to live in the moment and life to its fullest. Let him do what he wants whilst he's away and then like you can discuss it when you're back. He's on holiday.
    Fair enough he's on instagram so I can understand your annoyance. Also he may read your texts, think to respond later and forget because he's had a long day and he's tired.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.