kcl_2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! I am an international student and would like to know about room types. What is ensuites, non-ensuites, and studio and bed flats?
tryingtogeta*s
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi. I am an international student too, but I have done some research and here you go.

*Ensuites* - These are rooms which have an attached bathroom w/a shower. So you will have your bed, desk, wardrobe and bathroom (sink+toilet+shower).
If you take catered accomodation, I believe your room will be in the corridors and not in a cluster flat (so your room will kind of be like a hotel room). If you take self catered accomodation, you will have 2 options, either you have a tiny kichenette in your room (so your room will be like a tiny studio but this is less common) or you will have shared kitchen and lounge room in most likely a cluster flat.

*Cluster flats* are like flats where there is one main door, then doors to 5-8 or how many ever student rooms, then a common kitchen and lounge area. Sometimes bathrooms can be shared and thats where it becomes a non- ensuite.

*Non ensuite* has shared bathrooms with other students. Its cheaper than ensuites. You can share a bathroom with as little as 2 but mostly it runs upto 15 students acc to what i read here. I am not entirely sure since I havent started uni. Non ensuites will be catered or self catered depending on where you stay.

*Studio* is an apartment with bed, kitchenette, bathroom, desk, wardrobe, and tiny lounge area. You dont share it with anyone and you can make food yourself.

I am not sure about bed flats. Maybe they are like apartments where you rent a room? Or they are cluster flats? I have no idea. 😅
kcl_2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you so much!! I find this very helpful and I hope this will help other international students too

Do you know if students get the whole room or is there an option to share a room with other students?
tryingtogeta*s
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kcl_2018)
Thank you so much!! I find this very helpful and I hope this will help other international students too

Do you know if students get the whole room or is there an option to share a room with other students?
Yes, you can opt for twin ensuite or twin rooms if you want to share it with someone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.22%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (287)
59.18%
No (163)
33.61%

Watched Threads