Turn on thread page Beta

Currently on my medical elective in Sri Lanka, and I chose it as it was known for being a relaxed hospital that signed you off early if you put the work in (booked 8 weeks and wanted to finish after 4 so i could travel freely). Now they expect 60% attendance - not sure how I can get signed off early, and I feel guilty lying!

Any ideas as I hear from lots of people all the time that they essentially finished their electives after a week, got signed off and went travelling. Any ideas how you do this, and tips? Doesn't matter if you were in another country I'm curious! Also do you know if your uni ever found out/ heard of anyone ever failing it because of this?

I basically have to finish early as I booked a holiday (at the time it seemed doable - not the best idea I know).

ReputationRep:
    Which hospital is this?

ReputationRep:
    You could always try just telling them you thought you'd be able to leave after four weeks. I'm not sure what else you could do that wouldn't involve lying to them in some form or another.

Whatever you do, don't forge a sign-off signature. Someone in my year at medical school did that, and ended up having FtP proceedings and was given the choice of repeating the entire year or being removed from the course altogether.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.