Turn on thread page Beta

Barely passed semester 1 exams, what should I do watch

ReputationRep:
    I got 43% 50% 81%, really unhappy with my grades as I feel like I revised a lot for them. Although, I did do all nighters before each exam because my insomnia (posting this at 5:50AM lol) is just so relentless I cannot sleep, so maybe that is why? maybe I just wasn't at 100%?

Although even now I haven't got much motivation to go in to uni and I feel like I'm falling behind massively, especially in modules I'm not shabby in like biological chemistry. Has anyone else felt lost like I am now? What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    - You already know where you are failing
    - don’t try pulling all nighters
    - don’t look for excuses
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    - You already know where you are failing
    - don’t try pulling all nighters
    - don’t look for excuses
    It wasn't so much I wanted to but more the fact I couldn't sleep. Yes, I do know where I am failing failing but realistically I'm not doing too well across the board.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Charles97)
    I got 43% 50% 81%, really unhappy with my grades as I feel like I revised a lot for them. Although, I did do all nighters before each exam because my insomnia (posting this at 5:50AM lol) is just so relentless I cannot sleep, so maybe that is why? maybe I just wasn't at 100%?

Although even now I haven't got much motivation to go in to uni and I feel like I'm falling behind massively, especially in modules I'm not shabby in like biological chemistry. Has anyone else felt lost like I am now? What should I do?
    I do think your sleep pattern is having an impact.

Have you spoken to your GP about this? Might also be worth it to organise an appointment with your Personal Tutor to discuss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I do think your sleep pattern is having an impact.

Have you spoken to your GP about this? Might also be worth it to organise an appointment with your Personal Tutor to discuss?
    I'm scared of talking to her as I'm prescribed medication that keeps me awake although I need it. Telling her I don't sleep well may make her remove it and then I am in trouble. I just need to get routine down but I'm struggling at the moment. I plan to study and catch up all through easter break and then see where i stand..
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Be careful you don't put too much pressure on yourself to catch up, sometimes that can put too much on your shoulders!

I would let your personal tutor know and discuss this with them. I'm sure as well that there's some medication that could strike the right balance of it doing whatever it needs for you and also not keep you up?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.