Barely passed semester 1 exams, what should I do Watch

Charles97
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got 43% 50% 81%, really unhappy with my grades as I feel like I revised a lot for them. Although, I did do all nighters before each exam because my insomnia (posting this at 5:50AM lol) is just so relentless I cannot sleep, so maybe that is why? maybe I just wasn't at 100%?

Although even now I haven't got much motivation to go in to uni and I feel like I'm falling behind massively, especially in modules I'm not shabby in like biological chemistry. Has anyone else felt lost like I am now? What should I do?
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
- You already know where you are failing
- don’t try pulling all nighters
- don’t look for excuses
Charles97
Rep:
?
(Original post by HateOCR)
- You already know where you are failing
- don’t try pulling all nighters
- don’t look for excuses
It wasn't so much I wanted to but more the fact I couldn't sleep. Yes, I do know where I am failing failing but realistically I'm not doing too well across the board.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Charles97)
I got 43% 50% 81%, really unhappy with my grades as I feel like I revised a lot for them. Although, I did do all nighters before each exam because my insomnia (posting this at 5:50AM lol) is just so relentless I cannot sleep, so maybe that is why? maybe I just wasn't at 100%?

Although even now I haven't got much motivation to go in to uni and I feel like I'm falling behind massively, especially in modules I'm not shabby in like biological chemistry. Has anyone else felt lost like I am now? What should I do?
I do think your sleep pattern is having an impact.

Have you spoken to your GP about this? Might also be worth it to organise an appointment with your Personal Tutor to discuss?
Charles97
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
I do think your sleep pattern is having an impact.

Have you spoken to your GP about this? Might also be worth it to organise an appointment with your Personal Tutor to discuss?
I'm scared of talking to her as I'm prescribed medication that keeps me awake although I need it. Telling her I don't sleep well may make her remove it and then I am in trouble. I just need to get routine down but I'm struggling at the moment. I plan to study and catch up all through easter break and then see where i stand..
Herts UG Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be careful you don't put too much pressure on yourself to catch up, sometimes that can put too much on your shoulders!

I would let your personal tutor know and discuss this with them. I'm sure as well that there's some medication that could strike the right balance of it doing whatever it needs for you and also not keep you up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads