The Student Room Group

How do you structure your revision?

So I'm currently in Year 11 and was wondering which of two methods I should use to structure my revision.

Here are the methods

1. Dedicate an entire week on a subject such as math and then the next week dedicate to an entire subject such as Physics.

Or

2. Spread out my 7 subjects equally throughout each of the 7 days of the week. So on Monday I do English and then Tuesday biology.

You get the picture lol.

Any help is much appreciated.
option 2! that’s what i do, but i split the subjects even more, so not just 1 day per subject, 1 day = maybe 5 subjects or more (if i can).
Also, I’d say option two is easier for retaining information, but it depends how your brain works, if option 1 has worked for you before, go for it, but the latter one seems to be successful with most people.
Original post by Oneiropólos
So I'm currently in Year 11 and was wondering which of two methods I should use to structure my revision.

Here are the methods

1. Dedicate an entire week on a subject such as math and then the next week dedicate to an entire subject such as Physics.

Or

2. Spread out my 7 subjects equally throughout each of the 7 days of the week. So on Monday I do English and then Tuesday biology.

You get the picture lol.

Any help is much appreciated.

Definately option 2! You will get bored of doing one subject the whole week so if you change it up a bit you will enjoy what youre studying and would get more done and you won't feel like you're behind for all your other subjecsts.

Quick Reply

Latest