Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, has anyone firmed with leeds? or put them as their insurance?

I just firmed with it yesterday, still waiting to hear from them. What other unis have you heard from?

(so I havent seen any thread around, thought I should make one.)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioEng16)
    Hello, has anyone firmed with leeds? or put them as their insurance?

I just firmed with it yesterday, still waiting to hear from them. What other unis have you heard from?

(so I havent seen any thread around, thought I should make one.)
    Hey! I remember you replied to a post of mine on the Leeds Uni offer thread. You said they offered you Mechatronics and Robotics. You asked if you could change, they said no. Did they change their minds and offer you an offer for Medical Engineering in the end? I initially applied to do Aerospace Engineering, but was offered Mechatronics instead. I firmed it though after visiting an applicant day. I really liked the course, uni and city.

ReputationRep:
    Yes after a while they did send me an offer for Medical engineering! but its crazyyy i need to get A*A in maths and physics, i asked; what if I get 4 A's in Maths, Physics, Biology and Spanish.... they said nope, if i fail to geth the A* they will reject me -_- IM RISKIKG IT!!
    I didnt really like the course for mechatronics tho maybe I shouldve changed Idk, i really want to gg to leeds
    have you applied for accomodation yet?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioEng16)
    Yes after a while they did send me an offer for Medical engineering! but its crazyyy i need to get A*A in maths and physics, i asked; what if I get 4 A's in Maths, Physics, Biology and Spanish.... they said nope, if i fail to geth the A* they will reject me -_- IM RISKIKG IT!!
    I didnt really like the course for mechatronics tho maybe I shouldve changed Idk, i really want to gg to leeds
    have you applied for accomodation yet?
    That's very lucky! Good for you though! I'm sure you can get that A*. One of the students who gave a tour applied to do Mechanical, but missed that A* and so was given Mechatronics, and he said he wouldn't change it now.

I was actually interested in the biomechatronics/biomedical project modules I can do. Get to do stuff with prosthetic limbs, artificial hearts, robotic surgery and such. I think that's why I like the course. It's broad enough to do what you want, so if interests change, you can change what projects you do.

I only firmed two days, so I haven't received any information on accommodation yet, but I like the look of Devonshire and Leodis, possibly James Baillie. There's an accommodation visit day on the 21st April, so you can see the accommodation in person and decide

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.