Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Options - Please help me pick! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i would like to ask what subjects should i pick for GCSE? The subjects i wan't to pick are Music, Art, d&t. But i was wondering should i pick triple science if im in Middle Group for science and my predicted grade is 5 = C. Also i wan't become a doctor when im older would that be possible? Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    If you want to become a doctor you need the sciences- at A-level you need biology and chemistry so you should be taking it at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureCeleste)
    If you want to become a doctor you need the sciences- at A-level you need biology and chemistry so you should be taking it at GCSE.
    What about a Nurse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limez)
    What about a Nurse?
    I don't think it matters then.
    Straight of the robert gordon university website:

GCE A Level: BCC to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English). Maths and a science subject are required at GCSE grade C or above if not held at A Level.

This is what they require, and I looked at Dundee and it's similair

ReputationRep:
    You don’t have to pick triple Science. Pick additional science. Gcse’s Don’t matter as much as you probably think... get good grades in maths and English as well as the sciences and you’re good. Pick subjects you enjoy; not ones that are hard and more “likely” to get you into medicine.
    Work really hard you’ll get the grades! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureCeleste)
    I don't think it matters then.
    Straight of the robert gordon university website:

GCE A Level: BCC to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English). Maths and a science subject are required at GCSE grade C or above if not held at A Level.

This is what they require, and I looked at Dundee and it's similair
    So i would need C level grades on Science , Maths , English to become a Nurse. After that i could move on to doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limez)
    So i would need C level grades on Science , Maths , English to become a Nurse. After that i could move on to doctor
    Yeah from what I understand.
    I know more concerning medicine than nursing because I've applied for medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susielovesblue)
    You don’t have to pick triple Science. Pick additional science. Gcse’s Don’t matter as much as you probably think... get good grades in maths and English as well as the sciences and you’re good. Pick subjects you enjoy; not ones that are hard and more “likely” to get you into medicine.
    Work really hard you’ll get the grades! Good luck!
    My predicted grades on Maths and Science also English are 4-5 ) is it possible to get Nurse or Doctor job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limez)
    My predicted grades on Maths and Science also English are 4-5 ) is it possible to get Nurse or Doctor job?
    Predicted grades don’t mean anything! My predictions were all B’s (I think that’s equivialnt to a 6?) but I got all A’s at GCsE so don’t let that stop you. YOU have to work hard ❤️ Put the work in you’ll get the results. You can defo become both if

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.