Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I started to research accommodation options and found out that the holidays and vacation schemes are very different from my country. If I plan on working while studying and staying on campus, should I take a longer contract (because while the university life is on a break, everybody else isn’t)? Do universities and companies/firms etc. in the UK have the same work and holiday plans?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Annassss)
    I started to research accommodation options and found out that the holidays and vacation schemes are very different from my country. If I plan on working while studying and staying on campus, should I take a longer contract (because while the university life is on a break, everybody else isn’t)? Do universities and companies/firms etc. in the UK have the same work and holiday plans?
    Are you a postgraduate?

Undergrads would usually choose the shorter contract.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/student-life/ac...alls-and-rooms

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Are you a postgraduate?

Undergrads would usually choose the shorter contract.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/student-life/ac...alls-and-rooms

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I am a postgraduate student. I wust want to know what would happen if I find a workplace and then will have to move out during holidays. Companies in the UK don't have the same amount and length of vacations, do they?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yes, I am a postgraduate student. I wust want to know what would happen if I find a workplace and then will have to move out during holidays. Companies in the UK don't have the same amount and length of vacations, do they?
    UK companies don't have set holidays, except for a few national days (known as bank holidays).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    UK companies don't have set holidays, except for a few national days (known as bank holidays).

Posted from TSR Mobile

So would you recommend getting a longer contract to stay on campus during uni holidays to continue with work?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So would you recommend getting a longer contract to stay on campus during uni holidays to continue with work?
    If you are working in London, yes it's probably easiest to do that.

Read the info on the link I provided

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [=Doonesbury;76530852]If you are working in London, yes it's probably easiest to do that.

Read the info on the link I provided

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 11, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.