Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’m interested in becoming either a social worker or a solicitor, I’m wondering if these A levels would open doors for both?
    Psychology
    Sociology
    Law
    I’ve also considered
    History
    Politics
    Thank you!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Lukem14)
    Hi I’m interested in becoming either a social worker or a solicitor, I’m wondering if these A levels would open doors for both?
    Psychology
    Sociology
    Law
    I’ve also considered
    History
    Politics
    Thank you!!
    No specific A levels for Law.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcse.../social-worker
    Sociology, Social care, Psychology, Law, Govt and politics probably good for Social work.

Check entrance requirements plus ID subjects you are good at an can get the best grades for.

History is pretty good for Law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    No specific A levels for Law.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcse.../social-worker
    Sociology, Social care, Psychology, Law, Govt and politics probably good for Social work.

Check entrance requirements plus ID subjects you are good at an can get the best grades for.

History is pretty good for Law.
    Thank you
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Lukem14)
    Thank you
    I would definitely do either sociology or social care and then any two others, then that would be ok for either.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would suggest Sociology over Heath & Social Care if you want to keep Law an option broadly - Law degrees are necessarily academic, and for admissions to the subject, they want to see you excel in an academic environment. Social Work programmes aren't explicitly academic but will be happy to accept applicants from academic backgrounds.

Following a traditional academic A-level curriculum and doing some volunteering or perhaps work experience in some form of social care would be excellent preparation for either/both. If you are good at and enjoy History, you may want to cast some additional consideration to this if you wish to keep the "top" courses in your sights, as while not required it's viewed quite favourably as preparation for Law and similar subjects by LSE etc. It's not necessary of course, but if you are good at/enjoy it, it's a good pick. However of course if you feel you won't be able to get an A/B in it it but can in one of the other subjects, stick with those ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    I would suggest Sociology over Heath & Social Care if you want to keep Law an option broadly - Law degrees are necessarily academic, and for admissions to the subject, they want to see you excel in an academic environment. Social Work programmes aren't explicitly academic but will be happy to accept applicants from academic backgrounds.

Following a traditional academic A-level curriculum and doing some volunteering or perhaps work experience in some form of social care would be excellent preparation for either/both. If you are good at and enjoy History, you may want to cast some additional consideration to this if you wish to keep the "top" courses in your sights, as while not required it's viewed quite favourably as preparation for Law and similar subjects by LSE etc. It's not necessary of course, but if you are good at/enjoy it, it's a good pick. However of course if you feel you won't be able to get an A/B in it it but can in one of the other subjects, stick with those ones
    Thank you so much that helped

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.