Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am the verge of Doing my gcse and I really would like to know English Literature is like. Is it stressful? Is there a lot to remember keep in mind I generally really like it and I hope I can do it in September
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I did it for AS and personally didn't enjoy it. We read Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Othello and Death of a Salesman. You have to analyse in immense detail and you do need to remember quotes, as I think all of the exams were closed book, meaning we didn't get the book with us. Except Tess, I think we had that one. It is a lot of work, and you need to read each text you study at least 3 times thoroughly to have a good understanding. It was interesting, yes, but for me, personally, I prefer reading a book without analysing in such detail. I felt I couldn't really enjoy the texts because I had to be analysing every word or phrase, instead of appreciating what was written and the story that was there. I didn't take it for year 2 of A-Levels because I knew I wouldn't enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I have to learn Jane eyre (500) pages, doctor fautus (which is the play), wide saggaso sea, and in the mean time (which is the poetry).

Sweet summer child, what do you know about stress. Do you remember when you only had to memrise 15 poems? I HAVE TO MEMRISE 39 POEMS, SOME OF WHICH I HAVEN'T EVEN COVERED YET AND THE EXAM IS IN 8 WEEKS. that's just As

For A2, we do all those books I've just mentioned plus king Lear (which is the Shakespeare play) some more poetry by a chap called larkin, this play called Eron. Plus 2000 word coursework on a mordon text and a pre 21st century text.

Take it though, even if it is stressful because that's education for the next five years of your life. You need this subject it helps to go to uni.

Enjoy
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.