Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, what happens if i quit my degree after first year and decide on doing an apprenticeship?

Its a three year degree / and the apprenticeship is a 24 month level 4 foundation degree equivalent.

Thank you.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jmounsey)
    Hello, what happens if i quit my degree after first year and decide on doing an apprenticeship?

Its a three year degree / and the apprenticeship is a 24 month level 4 foundation degree equivalent.

Thank you.
    Hi jmounsey,

Once you withdraw from your current course, any loan entitlement that you have received will not become repayable until the April following your withdrawal and only once you are earning over the threshold.

You will have lost the additional year of support that we allow you, but if that is the only year of previous study that you have had, you will receive full support for the length of a new course but not if you have to repeat any year in the future without compelling personal reasons.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi jmounsey,

Once you withdraw from your current course, any loan entitlement that you have received will not become repayable until the April following your withdrawal and only once you are earning over the threshold.

You will have lost the additional year of support that we allow you, but if that is the only year of previous study that you have had, you will receive full support for the length of a new course but not if you have to repeat any year in the future without compelling personal reasons.

Thanks Rona
    So, for example if i do this apprenticeship - i wouldn't be getting a loan, but is there still a tuition fee that comes with an apprenticeship? So, if i suspend my studies at uni and go and do this apprenticeship - say in the future would i be able to receive student loan funding to complete the other two years of my degree?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    So, for example if i do this apprenticeship - i wouldn't be getting a loan, but is there still a tuition fee that comes with an apprenticeship? So, if i suspend my studies at uni and go and do this apprenticeship - say in the future would i be able to receive student loan funding to complete the other two years of my degree?
    Hi jmounsey,

You have said that you need to pay a Tuition Fee, can I ask the apprenticeship is it run by a college, if so what is the level of qualification that you will gain?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi jmounsey,

You have said that you need to pay a Tuition Fee, can I ask the apprenticeship is it run by a college, if so what is the level of qualification that you will gain?

Thanks Rona
    There isnt a tuition fee to be paid for the council. Its a level 4 course 24 months. What does this mean for my student entitlement?

Am i able to suspend my uni degree for the apprenriceship? As this apprenticeship doesnt require a student loan etc.
    What happens if i want to go back to my degree in the future? Will my studsnt loan entitlement still stand?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    There isnt a tuition fee to be paid for the council. Its a level 4 course 24 months. What does this mean for my student entitlement?

Am i able to suspend my uni degree for the apprenriceship? As this apprenticeship doesnt require a student loan etc.
    What happens if i want to go back to my degree in the future? Will my studsnt loan entitlement still stand?
    Hi jmounsey,

We allow you an additional year of support, should you want to change to a different course or repeat a year of study.

If you have had only year of previous study and withdraw from your current course, you can be confident that you would receive full support for the length of your degree.

This applies if you have to repeat year one again.

Thanks Rona

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.