How to answer an 8 mark "assess" question for GCSE Geography?

Watch
JVDW
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have been told to answer this question for homework but i'm unsure of the structure, any help will be appreciated!

Q. For a megacity you have studied, assess the statement “The problems caused by rapid urbanisation outweigh the opportunities” (8 marks)
Sheperd23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Introduction: Brief outline on key terms (in this case explain urbanisation) and about what you are going to talk about (your megacity - is it Mumbai?)

Body: Talk about benefits of rapid urbanisation and put in statistics
Talk about disadvantages of rapid urbanisation and put in statistics

Conclusion: Summary of essay and whether the solution was brilliant/disastrous overall (your opinion)

Hope it helps!

Assess - Give the advantages and disadvantages of ...
JVDW
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Great, Thanks!
flowers167
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yh so that dont rrly help tbh honest like plz tell me how many paragraphs i need when it comes to an assess 8 marker and also for examine <<sorry if that sounded mean
Aramidexoox
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by flowers167)
yh so that dont rrly help tbh honest like plz tell me how many paragraphs i need when it comes to an assess 8 marker and also for examine <<sorry if that sounded mean
What exam board we you using? We’re doing ocr b so we learn two paragraphs and a conclusion (maybe an intro) is enough, as long as you state both sides, you could get away with 2 paragraphs and a conclusion
toshtom10
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aramidexoox)What exam board we you using? We’re doing ocr b so we learn two paragraphs and a conclusion (maybe an intro) is enough, as long as you state both sides, you could get away with 2 paragraphs and a conclusion.

That sounds correct, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads