I don’t believe in science Watch

TastyChicken
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by The Night King)
It is too unpredictable, and those scientists lie through their teeth to satisfy their genocide agenda. They keep pushing stupid ideas such as “evolution”... I don’t believe in that bs, it’s just a theory...I’m a Christian, a child of God. And tbh all scientists are overcompensating for being ugly, by lying to the mass population. I don’t know about you but I'm a model - I can't look synthetic. Most people don't accept the artificial bodybuilder look. I would like to get bigger though - and I have some new plans plans for a summer diet.
If you believe that the 'theory' presented by the bible where the world was created in 7 days through the hands of God, is more reasonable than theories presented by science, then so be it. But to then call the theory 'bs' and refer to all scientists as 'ugly', simply screams ignorance to me. Einstein got more female attention then you will ever get in your lifetime.
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by TastyChicken)
If you believe that the 'theory' presented by the bible where the world was created in 7 days through the hands of God, is more reasonable than theories presented by science, then so be it. But to then call the theory 'bs' and refer to all scientists as 'ugly', simply screams ignorance to me. Einstein got more female attention then you will ever get in your lifetime.
Doubt it, Eisntein looked like a potato and had a subpar IQ. I look like Chad and I have a high IQ. Plus, I watch Rick and Morty.
username1740341
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Scientific theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. Religion is not a theory as it is not testable through observation and experiment. Religion is entirely based on faith and there is zero evidence to prove Islam, Christianity and basically any other religion that exists is true. However, there are many different flaws and inconsistencies in the Bible and Quran that science has proved to be inaccurate.

Science has basically shaped the current interpretations of religion and 200 years ago your current interpretations would be counted as insane! Many religious people will claim anything that is inaccurate/inconsistent is only a metaphor and is not to be taken literally. If the whole book is full of metaphors then what is the point of even believing anything in it!
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Wow, People taking this seriously.
TastyChicken
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Doubt it, Eisntein looked like a potato and had a subpar IQ. I look like Chad and I have a high IQ. Plus, I watch Rick and Morty.
I cannot tell if you are joking...
If you are then this is hilarious, but if you are being serious then you sound like a complete d***.
https://www.biography.com/news/einst...ffairs-letters
winterscoming
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Science and Religion are orthogonal subjects. Science has nothing to do with belief - it's a method of investigation based upon reliable observable evidence.

There's also a common misconception that scientific method is based upon absolute certainty, but that also isn't true because the only thing that is absolutely certain about absolute certainty is that there is no such thing as absolute certainty.

Scientific method is broadly about two things - firstly, explaining the world in such a way which fits with all of the currently available evidence up to a sufficient degree of certainty in order to be reliable, and secondly being able to dismiss any theory which either has insufficient reliable evidence to support it, or which would be contrary to any currently available reliable evidence.
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by winterscoming)
Science and Religion are orthogonal subjects. Science has nothing to do with belief - it's a method of investigation based upon reliable observable evidence.

There's also a common misconception that scientific method is based upon absolute certainty, but that also isn't true because the only thing that is absolutely certain about absolute certainty is that there is no such thing as absolute certainty.

Scientific method is broadly about two things - firstly, explaining the world in such a way which fits with all of the currently available evidence up to a sufficient degree of certainty in order to be reliable, and secondly being able to dismiss any theory which either has insufficient reliable evidence to support it, or which would be contrary to any currently available reliable evidence.
So in another words Checkmate Atheists
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neil deAss Tyson)
I don’t know what to say. You’ll be more mature one day
Look who’s talking. Just read your username
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
I cannot tell if you are joking...
If you are then this is hilarious, but if you are being serious then you sound like a complete d***.
https://www.biography.com/news/einst...ffairs-letters
I’m a completely hilarious d***
TastyChicken
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’m a completely hilarious d***
Well, in that case, there is no hope of saving you from the deception that is religion.
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Well, in that case, there is no hope of saving you from the deception that is religion.
Amen
Baza2002
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How can we orbit the sun if the Earth is flat...Jesus Christ man, some people know nothing. Let me guess, you also think the moon landing was real?
the earth is flat... what about time zones then? how are different countries in different time zones?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
shameful_burrito
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Baza2002)
the earth is flat... what about time zones then? how are different countries in different time zones?
Time is just a social construct
JamesP1995
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Science has an agenda of genocide, but Religion doesn't?
Funniest joke I've ever heard.

Genocide and rape in the name of God are literally 'documented' in the book of fairy tales known as The Bible.
Boss_Rhythm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Lol, I swear you guys are all lost

There is no such thing as fact!
Nothing is known to be true, since the point at which one calls something a fact is subjunctive...

You have to know nothing, to know it all!
Baza2002
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Time is just a social construct
so day/night and light/dark does not exist?
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
so day/night and light/dark does not exist?
Wait, you think that day and night determines time?
So depending on how light or dark it is outside, time should be changed?
Then if it was cloudy one day, then the time should sped up because it is further back in to last night, or forward in tomorrow night?

You got some plot holes there boi, fix up
Baza2002
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
Wait, you think that day and night determines time?
So depending on how light or dark it is outside, time should be changed?
Then if it was cloudy one day, then the time should sped up because it is further back in to last night, or forward in tomorrow night?

You got some plot holes there boi, fix up
but the point is at night it is darker as the side of the planet you are on is not facing the sun
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
but the point is at night it is darker as the side of the planet you are on is not facing the sun
And how does that prove that time exists?
Baza2002
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
And how does that prove that time exists?
you know why. also another way that proves the orbit of the earth around the sun is climate change
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (653)
90.95%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (65)
9.05%

Watched Threads