Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

want to quit my job and start my own watch

Announcements

I have posted before, but I am seriously considering leaving the civil service and going into aesthetics or something to do with beauty.

I have a degree so it feels a bit silly to quit and just do something that someone with a btec could do.

However I know a family friend who quit his city job to do.his own photography business and he makes alot of money and loves his job.

I'm not considering doing something where there will be alot of investment needed but I can afford a few thousand investment for a course or whatever is needed. But I don't know where to start. I know my parents will also help me.

I'm Go In to try going to business event for start ups but right now I don't have a concrete idea of which area of business I want to do. I want something straighforward.

I am not going to take a big gamble but obviously will start my own business once I have all the knowledge and have done my research. I feel like I need to find a job which feels like a hobby because my current career is killing me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You should do it

Work takes up a SIGNIFICANT part of your life.

Some people see their own work colleagues more than they see their own family.

If you are unhappy at work, that's a significant amount of your life spent [time you will never get back] doing something that you dislike. Yeah you might be paid more in your current line of work ...but is doing something you dislike worth that extra few grand you get at the end of the year?

If it is stay then in your job

If you'd rather do something you'd like or are more passionate about then quit and don't look back......

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.