Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I do Geography and we are currently looking into China, but because I haven't done History GCSE or A-Level can someone help me with these questions?

Who was involved?
What happened?
When did it happen?
Political reform
Location (why is this important) influence on neighboring countries
Build up to the rise
What is China like today? Think about this on a global platform. (trading blocks, alliances, ect. )
Thank You. By the way I did search on Google and it is pretty confusing.
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
Tagging Geography A-Levelers.
username1454260
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry, I haven't done China either! The only case studies in geog I have on China is environmental conditions i.e. air quality and urban hydrology. Are you looking into China for the global governance section of the course? I hope someone can help, as I don't have a clue about Chinese politics
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ella_08)
Sorry, I haven't done China either! The only case studies in geog I have on China is environmental conditions i.e. air quality and urban hydrology. Are you looking into China for the global governance section of the course? I hope someone can help, as I don't have a clue about Chinese politics
It’s to do with superpowers and China developing as a country.
Snake0917
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
So I do Geography and we are currently looking into China, but because I haven't done History GCSE or A-Level can someone help me with these questions?

Who was involved?
What happened?
When did it happen?
Political reform
Location (why is this important) influence on neighboring countries
Build up to the rise
What is China like today? Think about this on a global platform. (trading blocks, alliances, ect. )

Thank You. By the way I did search on Google and it is pretty confusing.
As a Chinese (Hong Kong) myself, I think I am good enough to answer all those questions, however, I need more details on each question.

Who was involved? What do you mean by who? there are so many historical characters in the Chinese history.
What happened? Specific time?
When did it happen? What event?
Political reform? In recent years or before the communism?
Location (why is this important) influence on neighboring countries? In which context? Economics? Military? Cultural?
Build up to the rise. Go check on the period between 1970 - present time. "Chinese Economic reform 1970" Basically no longer using the old communist economic model and the death of Moe.
What is China like today? Think about this on a global platform. (trading blocks, alliances, ect. ) The second largest economy in the world with the first being the US. However, China is NOT an open economy but heavily controlled by the central government or the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Forget the cheap labours and the largest population in the world. China nowadays has expensive labours. In terms of alliances, hmm this one is hard because most people may disagree but I would say whichever countries that are not so friendly to the US (Don't quote me lol). Politically speaking, I would say Russia, North Korea, also Cuba (Old Communist buddies)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (128)
46.55%
Take exams next summer (40)
14.55%
Change uni choice through clearing (68)
24.73%
Apply to uni next year instead (25)
9.09%
I'm not applying to university (14)
5.09%

Watched Threads