Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I do Geography and we are currently looking into China, but because I haven't done History GCSE or A-Level can someone help me with these questions?

Who was involved?
    What happened?
    When did it happen?
    Political reform
    Location (why is this important) influence on neighboring countries
    Build up to the rise
    What is China like today? Think about this on a global platform. (trading blocks, alliances, ect. )
    Thank You. By the way I did search on Google and it is pretty confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Tagging Geography A-Levelers.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I haven't done China either! The only case studies in geog I have on China is environmental conditions i.e. air quality and urban hydrology. Are you looking into China for the global governance section of the course? I hope someone can help, as I don't have a clue about Chinese politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Sorry, I haven't done China either! The only case studies in geog I have on China is environmental conditions i.e. air quality and urban hydrology. Are you looking into China for the global governance section of the course? I hope someone can help, as I don't have a clue about Chinese politics
    It’s to do with superpowers and China developing as a country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    So I do Geography and we are currently looking into China, but because I haven't done History GCSE or A-Level can someone help me with these questions?

Who was involved?
    What happened?
    When did it happen?
    Political reform
    Location (why is this important) influence on neighboring countries
    Build up to the rise
    What is China like today? Think about this on a global platform. (trading blocks, alliances, ect. )

Thank You. By the way I did search on Google and it is pretty confusing.
    As a Chinese (Hong Kong) myself, I think I am good enough to answer all those questions, however, I need more details on each question.

Who was involved? What do you mean by who? there are so many historical characters in the Chinese history.
    What happened? Specific time?
    When did it happen? What event?
    Political reform? In recent years or before the communism?
    Location (why is this important) influence on neighboring countries? In which context? Economics? Military? Cultural?
    Build up to the rise. Go check on the period between 1970 - present time. "Chinese Economic reform 1970" Basically no longer using the old communist economic model and the death of Moe.
    What is China like today? Think about this on a global platform. (trading blocks, alliances, ect. ) The second largest economy in the world with the first being the US. However, China is NOT an open economy but heavily controlled by the central government or the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Forget the cheap labours and the largest population in the world. China nowadays has expensive labours. In terms of alliances, hmm this one is hard because most people may disagree but I would say whichever countries that are not so friendly to the US (Don't quote me lol). Politically speaking, I would say Russia, North Korea, also Cuba (Old Communist buddies)

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.