Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am an international applicant having received a conditional offer for the Life Sciences Foundation Program a few months ago. I am planning on visiting for a campus tour during my Easter break, however my schedule is tight so I thought about the possibility of visiting the campus in early May. The problem is that there is no deadline set, so I don't know how much time I have left to accept my offer so its a first come and first serve kind of thing. Did anyone else receive an offer for foundation? I am afraid for the places to fill up earlier since this is my first choice uni.

ReputationRep:
    it's not first come first serve
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keilx8)
    So I am an international applicant having received a conditional offer for the Life Sciences Foundation Program a few months ago. I am planning on visiting for a campus tour during my Easter break, however my schedule is tight so I thought about the possibility of visiting the campus in early May. The problem is that there is no deadline set, so I don't know how much time I have left to accept my offer so its a first come and first serve kind of thing. Did anyone else receive an offer for foundation? I am afraid for the places to fill up earlier since this is my first choice uni.
    You're worrying about nothing. Places do not 'fill up' and it is not 'first come first served' at all, where did you get this from? If they've given you an offer and you actually meet the requirements then they have to take you. As long as you accept the offer before one of the dates on the UCAS website (whichever one applies to you) then it's fine: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...raduate-offers
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by keilx8)

Hey keilx8,

Glassapple is correct - if you meet the requirements of your conditional offer, the uni is obliged to accept you. Please feel free to arrange a visit at your convenience - it will not affect your chances of being accepted on to the programme regardless of when you accept the offer. I would advise emailing our Admissions team with the dates you hope to visit campus so that they can put you in touch with the relevant department who can give you a course-specific tour of our facilities and perhaps even arrange for you to meet some of the academics that will be teaching you (subject to their availability). You can email the team on [email protected] and they'll be happy to help

All the best,
    Ashley

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.