Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 19. I've been in a relationship with a guy for over 2 years now and I love him to death. I've never ever thought about women before but then the other day I saw a video about a woman who was married to a man for years and then realised she was a lesbian later in life. I've never really thought about possibly being a lesbian but since watching that video it's been bugging me. I find myself looking at other girls but most of the time it's a 'her outfit or hair is nice' or just admiring they are pretty, something like that. I've only ever had feelings for boys and only ever wanted to be in relationships with boys. Could all this mean I'm a lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, it's natural to admire beauty in others, even boys do it even though we most likely won't admit it. I think there is a small but important difference between finding someone "attractive" and actually being attracted to them in a "I like that person and want to pursue something with them" sort of way. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you personally are at a place where mentally your brain can't differentiate those two feelings when you find something about someone attractive. I'd advise doing something like writing down things about yourself that you probably wouldn't say aloud (e.g. insecurities, secrets about yourself), in order to know and feel more confident about your preferences and not feel like those things are not so much a burden that you have to carry around in your life. I hope this will help you feel confident in your sexual preference because knowing yourself makes a big difference in how you experience and live your life😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Nah, it's normal to admire other girls as long as you dont wanna f*ck them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.