Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I was recently offer a position in a bank, think I got my last pay day mix up with my actual end dates. Therefore my actual end is different on my CV its only went I'm research the exact dates have caught on this (I did this twice as well). I'm not sure what to do now that I am aware of this, in addition the company wants information about my last six years of employment. 1. I took a gap year because I was unsure what I wanted to at university at the time. 2. I was unemployed for a bit but I wasn't on job seekers (however I was register with a employment support organisation that provided limited access to a few training days which I attended). 3. I did a bit of travel for a month (I don't even know where my old passport to support this and I search for flight detail but I didn't find any). I'm really stress because I never lied or anything because it seem like there are so many loop holes I'm wondering if all this will affect me.

I am also emotionally drain because I'm trying to figure how I can backup all of this. When I barely have 5-6 years experience. I feel like I've come so far and I'm stress out (I feel I've lost weight in the last two days stressing about it).

Any advice plz!

ReputationRep:
    What is the discrepancy like for the end date?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    Most likely not very long at all and no employer will care about it. The OP is probably working themselves up over nothing, just like the rest of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    One of my end dates say May on my CV (but actual is April 28) and the other one on my CV says Aug ( but it actually end July 26). I didn't intentional change the dates that was never my intentions (I don't know anymore and I will not continue to stress myself out).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Most likely not very long at all and no employer will care about it. The OP is probably working themselves up over nothing, just like the rest of TSR.
    My parents said the same thing as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldenparadise)
    One of my end dates say May on my CV (but actual is April 28) and the other one on my CV says Aug ( but it actually end July 26). I didn't intentional change the dates that was never my intentions (I don't know anymore and I will not continue to stress myself out).
    If you actually think such short spaces of time discrepancy will stop you getting a job then you need to get a grip. No employer is going to say, "Hmm well I see a 3 day discrepancy here, I'm not going to give you the job because of this". What planet are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    If you actually think such short spaces of time discrepancy will stop you getting a job then you need to get a grip. No employer is going to say, "Hmm well I see a 3 day discrepancy here, I'm not going to give you the job because of this". What planet are you on?
    You made me lol. Maybe I'm over thinking things. I've never experience any thing like this before and I guess I just want everything to be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    The process has been long and I feel like I provided my life story and then some, it doesn't seem as if is enough. I had a great sleep last night but this morning was horrible because of this check, I'm not usually a quitter but it sure is testing me. I'm so over it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The process has been long and I feel like I provided my life story and then some, it doesn't seem as if is enough. I had a great sleep last night but this morning was horrible because of this check, I'm not usually a quitter but it sure is testing me. I'm so over it.
    I work in Finance and i'm well aware of the deep background checks for new hires. They're not trying to catch you out, they just want to make sure you are who you say you are and you are suitable to work in the industry - for example you're not a criminal and don't have huge debts. You'll realise how important this vetting is once you start your role and get to learn about the industry.

They won't care if you get a couple of dates wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I work in Finance and i'm well aware of the deep background checks for new hires. They're not trying to catch you out, they just want to make sure you are who you say you are and you are suitable to work in the industry - for example you're not a criminal and don't have huge debts. You'll realise how important this vetting is once you start your role and get to learn about the industry.

They won't care if you get a couple of dates wrong.
    Thanks for your response. They got the DBS and all the relevant criminal checks that proved that I don't have any record or anything. The thing is I am constantly being asked about confirming dates and providing the same evidence over and over again. I have done this plus more than necessary if I didn't rejected a previous job offer, I don't think I would have of continue with this. They can now tell that I'm not happy with the process and everything else.

I was reading previous post about this issue on the forum and a lot their stories were plain out lies (the companies were fine with them in the end) and non of mines are like that but truthful, no lies and gave I everything. How am I suppose to remember exact details of job roles I had when I was in secondary school? and when I provide the details you're still wanting more. I don't know.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks for your response. They got the DBS and all the relevant criminal checks that proved that I don't have any record or anything. The thing is I am constantly being asked about confirming dates and providing the same evidence over and over again. I have done this plus more than necessary if I didn't rejected a previous job offer, I don't think I would have of continue with this. They can now tell that I'm not happy with the process and everything else.

I was reading previous post about this issue on the forum and a lot their stories were plain out lies (the companies were fine with them in the end) and non of mines are like that but truthful, no lies and gave I everything. How am I suppose to remember exact details of job roles I had when I was in secondary school? and when I provide the details you're still wanting more. I don't know.
    I remember being asked about a couple of temp jobs I had just after university, I had no idea what the exact dates were or what agency they were with so I just guessed. Nothing ever came of it. There's a difference between getting a date wrong and pretending you've got 3 years experience at a company that doesn't know your name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I remember being asked about a couple of temp jobs I had just after university, I had no idea what the exact dates were or what agency they were with so I just guessed. Nothing ever came of it. There's a difference between getting a date wrong and pretending you've got 3 years experience at a company that doesn't know your name.
    I did temp jobs as well, those are what were causing the issue actually (And they contacted all the agencies). My Dad stated that maybe they are trying to figure out if I have ever been dismissed. And if that's the case I have nothing to worry about because that never happen.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.