Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Personality means nothing for attraction, only appearance matters - PROOF watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyDennis)
    Dude you literally just admitted my appearance is severely lacking.

Women only sometimes like me because they're into butterfaces.

This has nothing to do with me though, I just found this show for the first time and it is very eye-opening.
    You said you were d e f o r m e d :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Just watch "Dating in the Dark". A show where people "date" in pitch black and decide whether they like each other. Then if they do, their looks are finally revealed to each other.

The men (much less shallow) are more often willing to date the slightly less physically fortunate women.

But for the women there is NO compromise. Look good or go home. Personality means NOTHING. You can have the most amazing connection with a girl, but all their brains are wired to think about is your looks, and to an extent how popular/famous you are. They instantly reject men they had amazing connections with because he was ginger, or bald, or looked like Bob the Builder.

I believe this proves that for men, appearance is everything.
    I understand where your are coming from however its a bit unfair to group all women together. Looks are the thing that attarcts you to a person, so therefore it does impact the level of attraction. However I've found that sometimes when people aren't my "type" but are midly alright looking and are good in conversationalist and funny then I find myself attractive.

But like I said before it is a good idea to find the person you're with just a tad good looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    It grows on you, the personality. Hence, the ugliness fades.
    A bit blunt... but very true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    You said you were d e f o r m e d :facepalm:
    Who cares whether I'm literally deformed or just a 4/10, either way I'm ugly as you've confirmed - and in a picture I feel represents me on a day when I look okay, so I'm way uglier than even that on some days like today.

If you're even slightly ugly you might as well have a severe deformity it makes literally no difference whether you're a 4 or a 0, so I just use the term "deformed" interchangably.

But roids are my salvation. With roids there are two options: They make you look good, or they kill you. Both of these options are more acceptable than being ugly. If there was literally a crystal ball that told me my future and said "you will always be ugly" I would commit suicide instantly. Life as an ugly person is completely unacceptable to me, I would rather be dead than ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    It's nowt to do with personality or beauty. Lasses just don't wanna shag a lad who's liable to steal her make-up.
    Hahaha
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The types of girls to go on reality shows to find a date are bound to be shallow.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares whether I'm literally deformed or just a 4/10, either way I'm ugly as you've confirmed - and in a picture I feel represents me on a day when I look okay, so I'm way uglier than even that on some days like today.

If you're even slightly ugly you might as well have a severe deformity it makes literally no difference whether you're a 4 or a 0, so I just use the term "deformed" interchangably.

But roids are my salvation. With roids there are two options: They make you look good, or they kill you. Both of these options are more acceptable than being ugly. If there was literally a crystal ball that told me my future and said "you will always be ugly" I would commit suicide instantly. Life as an ugly person is completely unacceptable to me, I would rather be dead than ugly.
    I’m pretty sure people with actual physical deformities don’t appreciate you falsely labelling yourself as deformed because you’ve got low self esteem. You’ve got no clue of the struggles they go through. It’s like spraining your ankle and telling everyone you’re an amputee.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danixoxno1o-d)
    A bit blunt... but very true.
    That's not blunt lol. :yep: It's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I’m pretty sure people with actual physical deformities don’t appreciate you falsely labelling yourself as deformed because you’ve got low self esteem. You’ve got no clue of the struggles they go through. It’s like spraining your ankle and telling everyone you’re an amputee.
    So my face is a "sprained ankle". So basically I'm ugly. Idgaf to be honest about whether I should use the accurate "3/10" label. I'm ****ing ugly despite being in good shape, and putting so much effort into my face.

Simple as that.

Roids will fix me or kill me. I literally do not give a **** which way it goes, so long as I don't live an entire life as an ugly person.

ReputationRep:
    So my face is a "sprained ankle". So basically I'm ugly. Idgaf to be honest about whether I should use the accurate "3/10" label. I'm ****ing ugly despite being in good shape, and putting so much effort into my face.

Simple as that.

Roids will fix me or kill me. I literally do not give a **** which way it goes, so long as I don't live an entire life as an ugly person.
    Your opinion of yourself is that you’re ugly and you’re describing yourself as physically disfigured. I couldn’t care less about what you actually look like or the pity party you’re throwing, just that you stop wrongly claiming to be deformed.

Simple as that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If there was literally a crystal ball that told me my future and said "you will always be ugly" I would commit suicide instantly. Life as an ugly person is completely unacceptable to me, I would rather be dead than ugly.

I'm ****ing ugly despite being in good shape, and putting so much effort into my face. Roids will fix me or kill me. I literally do not give a **** which way it goes, so long as I don't live an entire life as an ugly person.
    Lol dude...even if you were ugly it wouldn’t be that deep at all, there’s loads of ugly people on the outside, yet they are wonderful on the inside. Saying what you said above is beyond extreme. Everyone has qualitites and defects. Be it visible at first sight or not. But life is about enjoying yourself. Stressing about your looks won’t bring you any enjoyment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Lol dude...even if you were ugly it wouldn’t be that deep at all, there’s loads of ugly people on the outside, yet they are wonderful on the inside. Saying what you said above is beyond extreme. Everyone has qualitites and defects. Be it visible at first sight or not. But life is about enjoying yourself. Stressing about your looks won’t bring you any enjoyment.
    Before it was about his 'hairline' now it's his face.

ReputationRep:
    They both matter.

Yes they will (most of the time)reject someone that’s ugly. Sexual attraction needs to be there. I don’t see how this is big news.

Doesn’t mean personality doesn’t also matter.

This argument is an example of black and white thinking on both sides. People think that it’s either 100% physical and 0% personality or 100% personality and 0% physical. But those are just the extremes. It could be 60/40, 50/50 70/30 etc and that depends entirely on the person. I don’t know what the average ratio would be tho.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but so is the guy with the greatest personality who is ugly. Lmao.
    I would prefer to go for someone with a good personality. I fall in love with someone because they're a nice person and have an amazing personality. If he/she was cute, that's a bonus. In my opinion at least.

ReputationRep:
    It's always been like that in my opinion but you know what? If you get lots of money you can get any girl you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    It's always been like that in my opinion but you know what? If you get lots of money you can get any Gold digger you want
    FTFY (Fixed that for you)

ReputationRep:
    Absolute BS

ReputationRep:
    That's not blunt lol. :yep: It's true.
    That't what is said...

ReputationRep:
    This is your personal thoughts and feelings.

My thoughts and feelings are, I either look good or I die. There's NO other option. NO words or encouragement will ever change this, I choose death over ugliness 100% of the time no matter what. And my opinion on this will never change.
    I really feel sorry for you (and I don't mean that in a condescending way). I can't imagine what it must be like to be so invested in my looks that it is quite literally my whole life.

ReputationRep:
    The most attractive guy... with a sh1t personality, is an absolute no.
    What about:

An Okay looking guy with the best personality vs Most attractive guy with an Okay personality?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.