• Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Her Majesty's Government
    Cabinet of the United Kingdom
    Parliament XXVI

Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister for the Civil Service
    Rt Hon. PetrosAC MP (Liberal)

Deputy Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Justice
    Rt Hon. CatusStarbright MP (Libertarian)

Chancellor of the Exchequer and Second Lord of the Treasury
    Rt Hon. Saunders16 MP (Libertarian)

Secretary of State for the Home Department and Chief Secretary to the Treasury
    Rt Hon. Jarred MP (Liberal)

Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs and Chief Whip
    Rt Hon. LifeIsFine MP (Liberal)

Secretary of State for Defence
    Rt Hon. Connor27 MP (Libertarian)

Secretary of State for Education and Deputy Chief Whip
    Rt Hon. CountBrandenburg MP (Libertarian)

Secretary of State for Health and Chancellor to the Duchy of Lancaster
    Rt Hon. Conceited MP (Liberal)

Secretary of State for Infrastructure
    Rt Hon. 04MR17 MP (Liberal)

Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
    Rt Hon. mrwb9876 MP (Libertarian)

Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport
    Rt Hon. Thrillanthropist MP (Libertarian)

Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
    Rt Hon. TCFactor MP (Liberal)

Junior Ministers

Minister for Transport
    Hon. Exams421 MP (Liberal)

ReputationRep:
    A great cabinet, with the right mixture of experienced and newer members.

Saracen's Fez: Will your shadow cabinet be changing to accompany the new government or will you keeping it the same?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    Nice to have this reference up! Let the questioning commence!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    To inform the House, I have requested a session of Prime Minister's Questions for tomorrow
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Connor27)

Saracen's Fez: Will your shadow cabinet be changing to accompany the new government or will you keeping it the same?
    Wait a sec Connor, you're asking Labour to actually do something.:toofunny:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Is there even a need for a shadow cabinet?

ReputationRep:
    PetrosAC TCFactor What are your governments plans for Health?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RedLuxemburg)
    PetrosAC TCFactor What are your governments plans for Health?
    From the Liberal Manifesto at the General Election, we will be introducing a National Health Insurance Service. If you look at Page 9 of the Manifesto there's a whole page on it I also speak about it briefly here on "The Week In MHoC" which is a new podcast-y kind of thing the new MHoC BBC is doing, though the manifesto is much more detailed. Hope that's of help to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    From the Liberal Manifesto at the General Election, we will be introducing a National Health Insurance Service. If you look at Page 9 of the Manifesto there's a whole page on it I also speak about it briefly here on "The Week In MHoC" which is a new podcast-y kind of thing the new MHoC BBC is doing, though the manifesto is much more detailed. Hope that's of help to you
    Right, how will you stop private companies paying out huge dividends at the expense of patient care?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saracen's Fez: Will your shadow cabinet be changing to accompany the new government or will you [be] keeping it the same?
    Is there really any need for one?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RedLuxemburg)
    Right, how will you stop private companies paying out huge dividends at the expense of patient care?
    I'm going to pass you over to Conceited, who is the author of the policy. He'll be able to explain the policy in more detail and with more clarity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrillanthropist)
    Is there really any need for one?
    Of course there’s a need for a shadow cabinet; that’s the point of Labour being the official opposition, like in real life they need to offer an alternative vision to ours and have spokespeople representing that vision.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Does the Rt honourable gentlemen PetrosAC accept he will not be Prime minister after the Liberal leadership elections?

ReputationRep:
    PetrosAC. Connor27. What will be this governments approach to defence?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The PoliticalGuy)
    Does the Rt honourable gentlemen PetrosAC accept he will not be Prime minister after the Liberal leadership elections?
    The Liberal Leadership elections have concluded and I was elected Leader.

(Original post by Andrew97)
    I'll let Connor go into detail on policy as it is his brief, but for us, national security is a huge priority for us. My preference is to generally be non-interventionist, but we will intervene if and when we deem it necessary. I hope that gives you a rough idea

ReputationRep:
    The liberal leadership result was announced today and PetrosAC was the winner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    My main policy aim is the gradual withdrawal and abolition of Labour’s British Peace Corps from Parliament 24. We live in an increasingly dangerous international environment, and can’t have precious manpower and budget funds being spent on white elephant foreign aid projects; since we have no Secretary of State for the DFID, responsibility for the Corps comes under my jurisdiction at the MoD as per Labour’s original bill, so look forward to that as a main part of my SoI.

In addition we shall be reaffirming our commitments to international organisations, including NATO and the UN, as we truly see ourselves as an internationalist Government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As the liberals were part of the ConNatLib coalition whilst the SoI was published from the then SoS for Education.

Does this government seek to accomplish what the SoS for education set out in the SoI? CountBrandenburg
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    There will be some changes made, yes.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    As the liberals were part of the ConNatLib coalition whilst the SoI was published from the then SoS for Education.

Does this government seek to accomplish what the SoS for education set out in the SoI? CountBrandenburg
    I personally do not agree with quite a few of the policies issued by ns_2, and it evidently did not pass (the horrible way of wording it meant it seemed far worse than it actually was) This was a conservative department after all and there will be major differences in how I’d tackle this. Expect changes for it going forward.
    You will see what exactly I have in mind for my department regarding education in the coming weeks, but I plan to produce my own SoI that offers solutions all across the Education system, which will ensure that more pupils have access to high quality education as a choice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.