Turn on thread page Beta

Ask Her Majesty's Government - Parliament XXVI.II watch

• Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
    Firstly, can I congratulate my Rt Hon. friend PetrosAC for winning the Liberal Leadership election and becoming Prime Minister.

1) CountBrandenburg TCFactor Given that mental health is a prominent problem in both childhood and adulthood, what will you do to improve mental health provisions for everybody?

2) CountBrandenburg As the new Education Secretary, do you support the expansion of Grammar Schools? Also, do you support the idea of improving apprenticeships and the idea of T-Levels?

3) Does the Infrastructure Secretary and the Minister of State for Transport support HS2 and Crossrail 2?
    I believe that the Rt. Honourable and my good friend TCFactor would be able to give a more eloquent response to the first question.
    As for 2) I myself am fully in favour of expanding grammar schools ( call it bias for going to one myself), though I’d seek to see to make grammars more accessible to allow us to move closer to equality of opportunity. I’m not against T-Levels no, indeed it would be an adequate choice for those more technical in ability rather than having a system purely on academics. More information on that will be given soon
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Firstly, can I congratulate my Rt Hon. friend PetrosAC for winning the Liberal Leadership election and becoming Prime Minister.

1) CountBrandenburg TCFactor Given that mental health is a prominent problem in both childhood and adulthood, what will you do to improve mental health provisions for everybody?

2) CountBrandenburg As the new Education Secretary, do you support the expansion of Grammar Schools? Also, do you support the idea of improving apprenticeships and the idea of T-Levels?

3) Does the Infrastructure Secretary and the Minister of State for Transport support HS2 and Crossrail 2?
    I thank my Right Honourable Friend. I hope you're doing well. My PMs are always open and you'll always be welcome back if and when you decide you want to
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You both said in your speeches you want the government to be transparent but you haven't explained. Do you mind explaining what actions you will be taking to ensure transparency?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1) TCFactor Given that mental health is a prominent problem in both childhood and adulthood, what will you do to improve mental health provisions for everybody?
    Mental Health is quite a prevalent problem in society today and especially in the 21st Century, one of the factors being the pressure put on them on the increasingly frustrating Education system, which I hope my Right Honourable Friend CountBrandenburg will address.
    To help tackle mental Health, our National Health Insurance Service will take the strain off of the NHS, allowing the prioritisation of Mental Health and helping those who need it, rather than the bureaucracy that is the NHS currently.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)
    You both said in your speeches you want the government to be transparent but you haven't explained. Do you mind explaining what actions you will be taking to ensure transparency?
    Trying to address all questions as and being open about our policies
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    What do you mean by being "open"?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    To add to what Petros has stated, we intend to facilitate this by hosting regular Ministers' Questions sessions.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    What do you mean by being "open"?
    Being clear about our policies and not hiding anything
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Being clear about our policies and not hiding anything
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    To add to what Petros has stated, we intend to facilitate this by hosting regular Ministers' Questions sessions.
    OK so what's the legislative agenda for this government?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    OK so what's the legislative agenda for this government?
    A Queen's Speech is being prepared and I'll be holding a PMQs tomorrow to address this in more detail, but other than the stuff already addressed in this thread, we've got politics including Introducing a Negative Income Tax, Legalising all drugs and merging Income Tax and National Insurance.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I thank my Right Honourable Friend. I hope you're doing well. My PMs are always open and you'll always be welcome back if and when you decide you want to
    Thanks for your kind words. I am doing very well thanks.

(Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    I believe that the Rt. Honourable and my good friend TCFactor would be able to give a more eloquent response to the first question.
    As for 2) I myself am fully in favour of expanding grammar schools ( call it bias for going to one myself), though I’d seek to see to make grammars more accessible to allow us to move closer to equality of opportunity. I’m not against T-Levels no, indeed it would be an adequate choice for those more technical in ability rather than having a system purely on academics. More information on that will be given soon
    I'm glad to see that you support the expansion of Grammar Schools and the idea of T-Levels. I'm disappointed that you haven't confirmed whether you'll be working with the Health Secretary to improve mental health provisions.

(Original post by TCFactor)
    Mental Health is quite a prevalent problem in society today and especially in the 21st Century, one of the factors being the pressure put on them on the increasingly frustrating Education system, which I hope my Right Honourable Friend CountBrandenburg will address.
    To help tackle mental Health, our National Health Insurance Service will take the strain off of the NHS, allowing the prioritisation of Mental Health and helping those who need it, rather than the bureaucracy that is the NHS currently.
    I'm glad to see that you're settling in very well and it's equally nice to see that you do recognise that mental health is a prominent problem in today's society. However, you're quite vague about what exactly you will do to improve mental health provisions and I would appreciate if you can outline what you will do.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    I'm glad to see that you're settling in very well and it's equally nice to see that you do recognise that mental health is a prominent problem in today's society. However, you're quite vague about what exactly you will do to improve mental health provisions and I would appreciate if you can outline what you will do.
    I can confirm that I’m looking to work with TCF on that front (the nature of which is one of convenience given my friendship with TCF) though I expect that TCF will take charge on that front and be the main driving force on mental health policies. I can’t claim to be as knowledgeable as he is in that regard, and he will expected clarify policies moving forward. Sorry to cause concern there, though I believe like with the previous government pledging to remove mandatory SATs, it will go a long way in improving frustration and stress within our youth and will ensure our system isn’t connected to purely exams. I can confirm this is a policy I support and am keen to introduce it in a way so it is effective
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    I can confirm that I’m looking to work with TCF on that front (the nature of which is one of convenience given my friendship with TCF) though I expect that TCF will take charge on that front and be the main driving force on mental health policies. I can’t claim to be as knowledgeable as he is in that regard, and he will expected clarify policies moving forward. Sorry to cause concern there, though I believe like with the previous government pledging to remove mandatory SATs, it will go a long way in improving frustration and stress within our youth and will ensure our system isn’t connected to purely exams. I can confirm this is a policy I support and am keen to introduce it in a way so it is effective
    Thanks for that.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Not read into crossrail to be honest since its nowhere near me. Will get back to you on that. I personally support HS2 in principle because I agree with its aims. Rail transport in this country has huge variation in quality of service and value for money in different parts of the country, HS2 would help along the way to achieve a rail service that isn't a postcode lottery and allow for an easier system of maintenance nationally to tracks and trains.

I would seek to find ways of reducing HS2's estimated cost though, I'm sure the Chancellor would appreciate my efforts on that one.

Exams421 is welcome to comment, especially if they know more about crossrail than I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    My main policy aim is the gradual withdrawal and abolition of Labour’s British Peace Corps from Parliament 24. We live in an increasingly dangerous international environment, and can’t have precious manpower and budget funds being spent on white elephant foreign aid projects; since we have no Secretary of State for the DFID, responsibility for the Corps comes under my jurisdiction at the MoD as per Labour’s original bill, so look forward to that as a main part of my SoI.

In addition we shall be reaffirming our commitments to international organisations, including NATO and the UN, as we truly see ourselves as an internationalist Government.
    I would like to thank the honourable member for his response, however could he go into more detail into his policy of reaffirming commitments to NATO and the UN, as these are fairly vauge?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

I echo my Rt Hon.friend @04MR17 comments re HS2, it is essential to improve transport links in the north, however we must continuously review the details of the planned route to see if cost savings can be delivered while considering environmental factors. Nationally we are facing a problem with future rail capacity which HS2 will do a great deal alleviate. I believe we should be focusing more of our investment on the north and far south west (hence support the Northern Powerhouse) as these areas have been deprived in recent times, however this is especially prevalent around London with the current population growth in the area, therefore steps must be taken to ease the congestion. To avoid severe long term disruption in the mean time this would probably need to take the form of new lines. Crossrail 2 seems to be the favoured solution by local government so while we must keep an open mind broadly speaking the scheme has my personal support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedLuxemburg)
    Right, how will you stop private companies paying out huge dividends at the expense of patient care?
    The same thing that would happen in any other case where a patient is dissatisfied, they take advantage of the fact that multiple insurers are competing for custom and move elsewhere. Under our plans, patients will have the option to make such a move anually.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Conceited does your new role include delivering pasty to my private residence?

ReputationRep:
    Conceited does your new role include delivering pasty to my private residence?
    Of course. We can start next week, if you want. We've got new creamy and rich chicken ones on the menu.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Of course. We can start next week, if you want. We've got new creamy and rich chicken ones on the menu.
    I want pasty.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.