The Student Room Group

If you post anonymously could anyone see the user behind anonymous 🤔🤔

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
I'm not going to go into the specifics of it but every member of the Support Team and above has undergone a DBS check and TSR takes confidentiality extremely seriously.

I suggest making a thread in the Ask the Community Team for answers to those specific questions :smile:

PRSOM
I think you’d move up the ranks quite quickly as your normally active and people like you as your funny 💛 I don’t know why I thought you were part of the Supports Team already 🤔👀 Thinking about the money before even applying for the volunteer roles 😎 I like your thinking, I mean you might as well get paid for a job your kinda doing for free 😂😂
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
I'm not going to go into the specifics of it but every member of the Support Team and above has undergone a DBS check and TSR takes confidentiality extremely seriously.

I suggest making a thread in the Ask the Community Team for answers to those specific questions :smile:

Thankyou ❤️💛
Cool 😎 💕 I’ll meet you on the other side then if I ever decide to apply 🙈👸🏽
Oohhhh so your really special then 💎:wink: as I’ve not heard of anyone getting approached before xx that’s actually really cool 😎 could I ask what prompted them to offer you a position was it because you posted helpful threads etc 💜🦄
Nooo The banter and being helpful combined is keeping TSR alive ❤️ I feel like you deserve a separate role for being funny as when people have had a stressful day they need to know TSR is a place that they could get away from the stress and relax 🤔 that’s actually not a bad idea 💡 I actually think the top few people who make people laugh or smile should have a separate title as not everyone has the ability to do that :tongue: Anyway good luck in becoming a CA 💛🦄
Original post by TheEnchantress
Hey, could you see regardless of what the topic is about and is it like an option? Do you choose to see and do people who have the option to see it, normally check who it is or does it just automatically show them or do they only check because of a certain reason? Sorry for bombarding you with questions 😳 I post anon rarely but when I do, I talk about seriously private things which I can’t express in real life and I just feel uneasy knowing that someone could know it is me (even though I don’t use my real name as my username) ☹️ I feel like the anon option is more like a protection...
I’m sorry I may sound so childish and stupid right now but the whole reason for going anon is so no one knows it’s me 💕

My advice would be to make a throwaway account for posting stuff anonymously, as the anonymous function isn’t very anonymous at all.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, Comunity Assistsnts on their respective forum can view behind anonymous and also view previous edits to posts. Everybody seems to disagree but when I was a CA on my old account (roughly 6 months ago) I was able to do exactly that on the Health, Mental health forum etc... Maybe they just gave me too many permissions or something? :s-smilie:
They changed it recently so we can't see anon. But hey, as an ST member, I know quite a bit less than the "normal" members don't I?
Original post by Tiger Rag
They changed it recently so we can't see anon. But hey, as an ST member, I know quite a bit less than the "normal" members don't I?

So who can see? What if someone posts something Anonymously snd another user flags ot up to you, anon could do with peer support, how do the psv get in touch if no one can see who it is or is it just ignored?
Original post by darkforest
My advice would be to make a throwaway account for posting stuff anonymously, as the anonymous function isn’t very anonymous at all.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, Comunity Assistsnts on their respective forum can view behind anonymous and also view previous edits to posts. Everybody seems to disagree but when I was a CA on my old account (roughly 6 months ago) I was able to do exactly that on the Health, Mental health forum etc... Maybe they just gave me too many permissions or something? :s-smilie:

CAs definitely aren't meant to see anonymous poster's identity, does sound like you had too many permissions!

With the changes, I believe it now means only the CT and the PSV team are able to see it. Obviously this is important for safeguarding reasons as like you mention if something of that nature is flagged then they need to be able to reach out to that user with advice and support.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Also, if I’m not mistaken, Comunity Assistsnts on their respective forum can view behind anonymous and also view previous edits to posts.

CAs can't see behind anon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tiger Rag

You didn't say that in fairness you just said 'we dont', clearly you did until recently and how would us 'normal' members know that it had changed as we aren't kept up to date about it
Reply 32
Original post by Lemur14
CAs definitely aren't meant to see anonymous poster's identity, does sound like you had too many permissions!

CA permissions notoriously have been weird. Remember mine for the welcome lounge back in 2014 gave me quite a few things I shouldn't have had- editing anyone's profile + VMs, editing in extra sections and access to the bin but not moving threads there + view what people were currently viewing. Guess it should have been fixed by now though considering shift in moderation and power users are now more thread movers/content creators rather than moderators.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
CAs can't see behind anon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems like there was an issue with permissions then.

I could edit posts, view previous edits and view behind anon on the forum that I was a CA for.

This was when I was a CA on my old account @W. A. Mozart

:dontknow:
Original post by 8472
CA permissions notoriously have been weird. Remember mine for the welcome lounge back in 2014 gave me quite a few things I shouldn't have had- editing anyone's profile + VMs, editing in extra sections and access to the bin but not moving threads there. Guess it should have been fixed by now though considering shift in moderation and power users are now more thread movers/content creators rather than moderators.

As you say permissions have been totally overturned since 2014 so those problems shouldn't remain. CAs definitely don't currently have access to the bin, or editing profiles (not even ST have that to my knowledge) and there are only specific circumstances where edit can be used so these tools are much more limited now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
As you say permissions have been totally overturned since 2014 so those problems shouldn't remain. CAs definitely don't currently have access to the bin, or editing profiles (not even ST have that to my knowledge) and there are only specific circumstances where edit can be used so these tools are much more limited now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to note, only 6 months ago as CA on my account W. A. Mozart I could edit posts, move posts, view anon, close/delete threads, and view previous edits on posts (within my respective forum only). I’d most likely still have them if I didn’t step down and then delete that account.

I don’t really have proof of this, but I have no reason to lie about it either. :dontknow:

It might be worthwhile if this was looked into from somebody higher up as I could imagine that I wasn’t the only one given those permissions at the time. Also you probably don’t want CAs having all of those abilities, so they should probably do a double check on what privileges they gave. :tongue:

Edit: Oh and also congratulations on the award win! Much deserved :smile: :hugs:
(edited 6 years ago)
Just to note, only 6 months ago as CA on my account W. A. Mozart I could edit posts, move posts, view anon, close/delete threads, and view previous edits on posts (within my respective forum only). I’d most likely still have them if I didn’t step down and then delete that account.

I don’t really have proof of this, but I have no reason to lie about it either. :dontknow:

It might be worthwhile if this was looked into from somebody higher up as I could imagine that I wasn’t the only one given those permissions at the time. Also you probably don’t want CAs having all of those abilities, so they should probably do a double check on what privileges they gave. :tongue:

Edit: Oh and also congratulations on the award win! Much deserved :smile: :hugs:

Almost all of those are powers CAs should have, but I'll pass it up and get them to check seeing anon hasn't somehow escaped into the perms :smile:
Thank you :hugs:
When I was a moderator back in the day only mods in the section and supermods could see it (this is years ago I am talking about).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending