Turn on thread page Beta

Why do mothers favour their sons watch

From my experience, mothers have a closer relationship with their sons than daughters. They are more lenient towards their sons. For example, they would do cooking and cleaning for sons. But when the daughters ask she will tell them to do it herself.

Are sons easier to deal with for mothers than daughters?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought this was an Asian thing; training the daughter to do the work.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by starfab)
    Oh I thought this was an Asian thing; training the daughter to do the work.
    No I've seen it in general.

ReputationRep:
    Look up Sigmuend Freud interpretation of dreams. That should give you the answer.

Spoiler:
    Show

No, I don’t have an actual answer to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No I've seen it in general.
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Fathers are also more closer to their daughters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenBell)
    Fathers are also more closer to their daughters.
    This is so true. I'm closer with my mother than father. He was closer with his own mother than his father (I think), and is closer with my sister than me. It almost always is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe2001)
    This is so true. I'm closer with my mother than father. He was closer with his own mother than his father (I think), and is closer with my sister than me. It almost always is the case.
    Yes, most families are like that. It's interesting.

I've noticed my mother and I are a lot closer, and my dad is more lenient with my sister. Really quite an interesting phenomenon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenBell)
    Yes, most families are like that. It's interesting.
    A lot of it is down to personality as well. My sister is more like my father who in turn, is more like my grandmother.
    I am more like my mother, and I'm led to believe that she was closer with her own father (sadly he died when she was 18).

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've noticed my mother and I are a lot closer, and my dad is more lenient with my sister. Really quite an interesting phenomenon.

Yeah I have seen this too. When daughters ask their dad for money they give. But when sons ask dad it takes longer to get it. Mothers treat differently as in make boys do less housework, lenient rules ie they don't question boys as much if they come home late when compared to girls

ReputationRep:
    Just like dads are more closer to their daughters

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they have an idea or experience of what their own gender should do, i.e "when I was his age my dad told me to get a job"

Because they're subconsciously always more attracted to the opposite sex. Even non sexually. I notice the same with pets. As in people often prefer their pet of opposite gender.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any brothers, but i have 3 uncles and 2 aunties (+ mum). and my mum is my grandmother's and grandfather's favourite child. lol i think parents prefer their eldest child.

ReputationRep:
    Men and women just have a different type of bond than same sex relationships.

yin / yang

And people of hte same sex are more competitive with each other as well because there are less differences between them. Men and women don't really compete with each other as much because they're way different from each other.

ReputationRep:
    I think in Asian culture this is true because they tend to think that men:
    - provide for the family
    - have dominance in marriages and also keep the surname

Otherwise i don’t agree that this statement is true and even the one i just made was a generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    My Mam prefers her daughters, and she doesn't even have any.

ReputationRep:
    I think ive mostly noticed fathers being closer to their daughters and moms being closer to their sons. I dont know why but thats what ive noticed

ReputationRep:
    Mine doesn’t, she hates me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.