Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone changed a gcse really late like in the middle of year 10 and it has succesfully worked? If so, how did you approach them? Please give me advice. I want to switch in year 10. I know it's late but i can catch up.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Has anyone changed a gcse really late like in the middle of year 10 and it has succesfully worked? If so, how did you approach them? Please give me advice. I want to switch in year 10. I know it's late but i can catch up.
    Please help.

Please help.
    I am scared i will mess my grades in this subject. I really dont want to do that please help.

ReputationRep:
    What year do you sit the exam in?
    What year did you begin the course?

(I don't do GCSE's, I do the scottish equivalent, but I know people who switched courses during it and thus could compare the two and tell you if you could)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureCeleste)

(I don't do GCSE's, I do the scottish equivalent, but I know people who switched courses during it and thus could compare the two and tell you if you could)
    they wouldnt of sat the exam yet. in some places the exam will be in june this year, otherwise the exam will take place the following year (2019)

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on which subject ur changing. I'm sure if you speak to a well trusted teacher they may be able to switch you. i know some people who switched half way through year 10 and it worked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikey spears)
    they wouldnt of sat the exam yet. in some places the exam will be in june this year, otherwise the exam will take place the following year (2019)
    If it is a 2 year course, and you are sitting it in 2019. Then I know people who switched at the beginning of the second year(i.e. the year they were going to sit it), and they did fine. Ask your school for more details

ReputationRep:
    If it is a 2 year course, and you are sitting it in 2019. Then I know people who switched at the beginning of the second year(i.e. the year they were going to sit it), and they did fine. Ask your school for more details
    lmao i'm not the one who asked the question man just giving u the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikey spears)
    lmao i'm not the one who asked the question man just giving u the answer.
    I realised that, just quoting your response

ReputationRep:
    I realised that, just quoting your response
    ok thanks babes x

ReputationRep:
    Which GCSEs did u swap.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Lukem14)
    Which GCSEs did u swap.
    From CIDA to computer science.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not. You'd have the previous coursework done to catch up on, but you have summer in which you could do some of that.

I don't see why not. You'd have the previous coursework done to catch up on, but you have summer in which you could do some of that.
    what do you think is the best way to ask them to let me switch in a way that i actually might be succesful.

ReputationRep:
    what do you think is the best way to ask them to let me switch in a way that i actually might be succesful.
    Explain why you want to switch, why you believe the other subject may benefit you more. That you will catch up in your own time(summer being part of that time). Basically explain the situation, maybe get your parents to write in to?
    Also speak to head of the department to get info as to how difficult it may be

Explain why you want to switch, why you believe the other subject may benefit you more. That you will catch up in your own time(summer being part of that time). Basically explain the situation, maybe get your parents to write in to?
    Also speak to head of the department to get info as to how difficult it may be
    Thankyou so much. You have really helped me out.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.