Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i want to go to medical school and would be applying this october. However i want to study in america but I don’t really understand how it all works.
    Would i do an undergraduate degree over there and apply to medical school after, or do an undergraduate degree here in the uk then try and apply for medical school in america?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and gets back to you

ReputationRep:
    What makes you want to study in America? Where do you want to live long term?

Without knowing much background I would say study something in the UK with a study abroad year in the USA, that way you would have a chance to experience America without having to commit to many years there.

US universities tend to be very expensive and securing a visa to stay in the after your studies can be difficult.

Additionally, the US can be more culturally different than you might imagine, moving continents is a big life decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slothqueen)
    So i want to go to medical school and would be applying this october. However i want to study in america but I don’t really understand how it all works.
    Would i do an undergraduate degree over there and apply to medical school after, or do an undergraduate degree here in the uk then try and apply for medical school in america?
    First question - how would you intend to fund it? A US Medical school will costs between $250 - 350k.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.