Turn on thread page Beta

i'm not going to wash my hair for a month watch

• Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by rosegg_015)
    Keep updated with this thread, we can see the outcome then and maybe you or I may re-think our opinion. You might end up agreeing with I or the other way round. Maybe we will still have separate sides who knows what a month can bring?
    Trust me, I am never going to agree with you. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Trust me, I am never going to agree with you. Sorry.
    It's fine, I would still recommend you keep updated with the thread.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It's fine, I would still recommend you keep updated with the thread.
    I'd rather not simply because I really don't agree with it and even the thought makes me feel nauseous, but good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    I'd rather not simply because I really don't agree with it and even the thought makes me feel nauseous, but good luck with it.
    Thanks and sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)
    People are dying of malnutrition...

Get me?
    lol what where did that came from? How is that relevant to not washing hair?

ReputationRep:
    How long is your hair? I guess that on shorter hair it would be easier to do. Good luck to those close to you and most importantly their sense of smell.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Nutter)
    lol what where did that came from? How is that relevant to not washing hair?
    I guess he’s going to feed them shampoo?

I don't think water alone will be sufficient. I'd recommend looking into natural shampoos or co-washing. If you really do want to avoid using products like those then I'd suggest bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar.
    The first month won't be long enough and you'll be extremely oily so you will probably have to do at least 6 weeks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I guess he’s going to feed them shampoo?
    A kid from Africa could of ate that shampoo!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I wash my hair with my own urine OP. Works like magic.

ReputationRep:
    I tired that once and it was the worst mistake ever. My hair did look thick but it was very oily and greasy and it looked like 💩.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still going to wash my body and hands ext. I'm am doing this as an experiment in natural hygiene rather than man made hygiene.

Have you heard the phrase every little helps? The shampoo we use everyday is made up of multiple substances. A lot of shampoo have foreign Fruits in them or coconuts many people from third world countries have picked these and made them into oils and liquids ext. Chemicals we don't understand and we don't know where they come from are also in shampoo. Not everything is made in factories and made by machines. Big companies get their resources from 3rd world countries. Many people in these countries who are underage or sick, too old, poor ext are working in bad conditions for lots of hours with a very little payment. Payments like 5p per day. These substances then get shipped to other factories or work places that then mix and make the shampoo. Now the shampoo is put into plastic bottles. We all know how plastic is bad for the environment. But what about the plastics product miles how far has it travelled to be made into this bottle of shampoo. then finally the complete product is shipped to our UK stores. The product has come from across the globe to be taken home and washed in out hair then down the drain. Shampoo like toothpaste Can not be separated once in the drain so these harmful chemical enter the ocean and fish eat it and we then have fish on our plates therefore it is entering our food chain. How many people actually think about recycling the plastic bottle or does it end up in landfills and then buried into the ground that takes millions of years to break down. Simply one person as a consumer not buying shampoo can have a small effect on many lives. Then again on person as a designer simply making a decision to change the container of shampoo they sell worldwide can have the biggest effect on the environment. My small change could inspire other to change. There for; Every little helps!
    Do you do Geograohy?

OP check out the stuff on google for "no poo". Apparently people used natural alternatives for shampoo. They've written about how it was for them

ReputationRep:
    i'm not gonna wash my hair for a month and im only going to rinse it with water if the outcome is nice then i might go no shampoo for even longer any thoughts? don't be afraid to be harsh
    personally, i wouldn't do it bc my hair is really long and thick and I always have it down, so i'd feel really disgusting. but try it out and see if it works if you want to
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MarkMarkMarkL)
    why do you wanna do that lol
    That was my thought as well.

ReputationRep:
    Having depression myself, I have gone a while without washing hair.
    It is not nice, does not feel nice. Although, it's good for your hair to get a bit greasy every once in a while. Over washing stimulates more oil production apparently.
    Still wouldn't recommend as it feels nasty.

ReputationRep:
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    How long is your hair? I guess that on shorter hair it would be easier to do. Good luck to those close to you and most importantly their sense of smell.
    just below my chin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think water alone will be sufficient. I'd recommend looking into natural shampoos or co-washing. If you really do want to avoid using products like those then I'd suggest bicarbonate of soda and apple cider vinegar.
    The first month won't be long enough and you'll be extremely oily so you will probably have to do at least 6 weeks.
    apple cider and vinegar are both acid so they are bad for my hair in long term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    Do you do Geograohy?
    no? im just aware of the world we live in and how crap of a place it is

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.