Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sexually Confused watch

Announcements

So as far as I’m aware I’ve been straight my whole life. I kissed another girl as a child around 10-11 and things like that, I would reguard that messing around or experimenting because it was only playing and I didn’t have feelings for the girl. I think it should be made aware that I have anxiety and tend to get anxious over random things for a few weeks at a time but I’m on medication to keep it at bay. However, recently I’ve been freaking out that I might be a lesbian. I’ve never really thought about it before and don’t get me wrong I do look at women and find them attractive but I just assumed that everyone found an obviously pretty woman attracted but I do the same thing with men also. I’ve been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over 2 years and I love him to death and our sex life is satisfying (I’m 19 now by the way). And I’ve only ever wanted intimate relationships with boys and never had a crush on a girl I guess sometimes I just find myself thinking “oh that girls really pretty” and stuff. I just never really thought about possibly being a lesbian until watching a video about a married woman that came out as a lesbian after being married to a man for years. I don’t know, I’m freaking out because more than anything I don’t want to be a lesbian not that I’m homophonic I have nothing wrong with it, I would just prefer to be heterosexual myself. Anyway, any help appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    That’s normal though, don’t most straight women find women more attractive than men though?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If you are still with your boyfriends arrange a threesome see if you enjoy another woman , if you aren’t with your boyfriend anymore go sleep with a female and experiment. However don’t cheat on your boyfriend with a female, ik a couple of girls who thought it was alright for them to cheat on their man with a girl

(Original post by bluemuffin)
    That’s normal though, don’t most straight women find women more attractive than men though?
    Is that a joke or serious? (Genuinely wondering.)

Sounds a lot like HOCD (Homosexual OCD) which is pretty much the fear and obsession of being gay. It doesn't mean you are gay or even homophobic just that thought of you being gay scares you. I understand exactly how you feel because I have the same thoughts despite never being attracted to another female. Apparently CBT can help with these thoughts but I have yet to try it

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't have to be an either or, you could well be bisexual and that doesn't mean you ever need to act on it, you can love men and have a fulfilling relationship with your boyfriend and still be attracted to men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is that a joke or serious? (Genuinely wondering.)
    No I'm serious…

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Sounds a lot like HOCD (Homosexual OCD) which is pretty much the fear and obsession of being gay. It doesn't mean you are gay or even homophobic just that thought of you being gay scares you. I understand exactly how you feel because I have the same thoughts despite never being attracted to another female. Apparently CBT can help with these thoughts but I have yet to try it
    I’ve read about the isn’t but didn’t understand fully what it was. Luckily I actually start CBT therapy next week so it might help! Thanks for the suggestion.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.