Turn on thread page Beta

Me and two of my other flatmates at university are really close friends and will always do things together and sit up with each other and so on. Quite recently however, the other two appear to be acting strangely close, which is I admit a little odd as one is a lesbian and the other is a straight male. Nevertheless, they've done things, albeit when I've not been around otherwise I'm sure I'd be there too, like sleeping in each others beds and sitting up with each other. Last night, we went out and we were all fairly pissed and they kissed. It wasn't the first time and we have all kissed each other before but they kissed for a while and the rest of us stopped dancing and just stared, it looked like there was passion in it. I admit I left and went home after this and I was p*ssed off but who wouldn't be when its your two closest friends?! They've asked how I am this morning but I just said I'm alright, what the hell do I do? I don't want to be a third wheel and I don't know what to make of a possible relationship between the pair of them as that could drive a wedge in the three of us and could end VERY badly.

Normally I wouldn't mind, I've had friends go on to make relationships before. But our three are so close and I just can't work it out.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter if your friends are dating? If your friends are happy, what's the harm?

(Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Why does it matter if your friends are dating? If your friends are happy, what's the harm?
    There's no harm in it, but likewise, the three of us are very close with each other and nothing has been said about this before and so it's as if I'm left with cryptic clues to work it all out for myself. Further, like I've said, I've got friends who have gone on to date before and it was fine. In this case however, I'd be left excluded in the group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's no harm in it, but likewise, the three of us are very close with each other and nothing has been said about this before and so it's as if I'm left with cryptic clues to work it all out for myself. Further, like I've said, I've got friends who have gone on to date before and it was fine. In this case however, I'd be left excluded in the group.
    You can't control their actions or stop them from dating. If you do feel like you are being excluded, I assume that you are close enough friends to talk about this. I don't think they would intend to leave you out. At the same time, look into widening your social circle and meeting new people. That way, you have other people to see and things to do, so you don't need to depend on hanging out with them all of the time. You can leave them to do their own things, go on their dates, etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.