The Student Room Group

Level 3 Digital marketing apprenticeship

I didn't know which category to put this in.

Anyway,

I'm a month into my apprenticeship, I work for a beauty salon and I hate it. I enjoy my lectures for my qualification but the actual work, I dread. Not because I don't want to do it, but my boss is adding extra pressure on me which I think is unfair because I am only an apprentice. I feel like shes always barking orders to me when I'm doing the best I can to keep up with an already fast paced moving business.

I don't get a lot of time to be able to do the stuff I actually want (social media etc) and I'm always left to basically be the bosses PA.

Not only that, but my mental health has been at an all time low because I'm putting so much pressure on myself to keep up and do my best however the added stress from my boss basically sat watching over my shoulder isn't helping. It has gotten to the point where I don't want to wake up to work because I know what it will be like and anytime my phone goes off I'm scared to look incase it is my boss moaning again because I can't keep up with everything.

My question is: what should I do? I really want to get my qualification but I'm not enjoying the work environment I'm in. Surely this pressure is too much for an apprentice (they even told me that their staff turn over rate is high because people can't cope.) I've got a meeting with my tutor tomorrow but I'm wondering what my options are? Could I find another workplace and continue my qualification or would I have to start the process over?

Quick Reply

Latest