Turn on thread page Beta

Is anyone else in the Straight-closet to their parents? I'm ashamed of liking girls watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why everyone is acting so confused and bemused towards the OP, his comment makes perfect sense. He's basically embarrased to have his parents see him as someone who has sexual desires. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE!! Get your politically correct, psuedo-intellectual nonsense out of heere, it isn't helping anything besides your already bloated ego.

OP, I know exactly what you're talking about. When I'm around my parents, I down-play my interest in girls. It's mainly because my mother is rather touchy on the subject of sexuality and my father would probably just make fun of me (in a friendly manner ofc). I just feel uncomfortable talking about in in the same way I'd feel uncomfortable swearing around my grandparents. It's perfectly normal. I'm not sure why weirdos like Jack22031994 and Kindred are making such an issue of it and suggesting you have issues or something. Ignore those virtue signalling snowflakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    not explicitly discussing about your sex life with your parents isn't being "in the closet" it's just western culture

geez, cishets wanna be oppressed so bad...
    If that's how you think other people think, maybe that says more about you than them. Not everyone counts their privilege points

ReputationRep:
    Lmao the way you've worded this is terrible. Yes, plenty of other people aren't comfortable discussing what they're attracted to or any of their sexual exploits with their parents. Probably applies to both straights and gays. You do sound like you're hugely overthinking it though.

You're not avoiding admitting your straightness. They'll probably assume that you are straight, regardless of your 'asexual front'. Most older people don't really accept asexuality as an actual thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.