Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Actually people didn't evolve from apes. Humans and apes have the same common ancestor. So an ape is sort of some really distant cousin instead of some really distant grandparent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Who’s more likely to get banned? Me, the TSR Co-director who derived String theory with the mods at the TSR headquarters? Or OP, who doesn’t believe in:
    .. and then there is me who thinks that world is still flat

edit - but yeah evilution gotta nice ring to it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur)
    Actually people didn't evolve from apes. Humans and apes have the same common ancestor. So an ape is sort of some really distant cousin instead of some really distant grandparent.
    That’s Racist!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lord Nutter)
    .. and then there is me who thinks that world is still flat
    It is. But not for long, scientists are injecting hormones into it to make it round so it fits their agenda...bunch of fraudsters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    But the facts stand. I wasn't born from an ape at Chester Zoo, and therefore I didn't 'evolve'.
    Evolution is gradual, it doesn't happen within one lifetime. You obviously misunderstand the theory.

ReputationRep:
    It is. But not for long, scientists are injecting hormones into it to make it round so it fits their agenda...bunch of fraudsters.
    and global warming is a myth made up to benefit Chinese corporations who in turn will make Jupiter flat again.

ReputationRep:
    That’s Racist!
    Excuse me?? How is that racist: ??

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me?? How is that racist: ??
    TheEyeOfBaradDur is completely correct, and not racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleasantri)
    But the facts stand. I wasn't born from an ape at Chester Zoo, and therefore I didn't 'evolve'.
    That's right, you did not evolve; your ancestors did millions of years ago. Over the course time, humans and apes very slowly diverged in genetic material, causing differences we can note today. You are human because you were born to human parents. No where in the theory of evolution does it claim that every individual is born one species, but evolves to another during their lifetime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehru1214)
    TheEyeOfBaradDur is completely correct, and not racist.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    yes the earth actually isn't round - it's thick
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    Thicc as a snicker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    I think everyone here can agree you did not evolve :>
    Ouch :-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny.snow)
    Oblate spheroid.

(not you, by the way)

((unless you happen to be))

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.