Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm doing the new exam board for my geography A-Level this year, its the new Edexcel Pearson exam board and so there isn't really any proper revision materials or past papers, the books that the course provided in school are rubbish and I'm genuinely on the verge of a mental breakdown because I just do not know how I am going to get my revision done. If anyone is doing this same exam board any help or revision materials will be greatly appreciated before I cry myself to sleep! thankyouuu
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing I'm in A2 and doing the same exam board as well. I understand what you mean there are limited resources for this course. Snaprevise have created videos to aid AQA A-Level Geography revision but the specifications do overlap to an extent so it may be worth trying although I must mention that to have full access to their content isn't free.I hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganrosebullard)
    So I'm doing the new exam board for my geography A-Level this year, its the new Edexcel Pearson exam board and so there isn't really any proper revision materials or past papers, the books that the course provided in school are rubbish and I'm genuinely on the verge of a mental breakdown because I just do not know how I am going to get my revision done. If anyone is doing this same exam board any help or revision materials will be greatly appreciated before I cry myself to sleep! thankyouuu
    Hey, I’m also on that course, in year 13. I use the Textbooks with the lizard on the front, one for year 1 and one for year 2, they’re by a dude called Bob Digby ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geography-E...4G0QXSF7W7VN9E )but school provided those so they might be quite expensive for you to buy alone but if you keep them in good condition then you will definitely be able to sell them online when you’re done. I also use the year 1 and year 2 textbooks by Viv Pointon & Lauren Lewis ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Geo...+level+edexcel ), also provided by school.
    I then bought some more on Amazon the other day which my teachers use but we haven’t been given access to, which are much more affordable but just as useful really, which are the ones by Cameron Dunn and Michael Witherwick (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-lev...PD6FRF9EKGYKHK ).
    The links I’ve put there are just the immediate ones I saw on amazon, but you can search for cheaper ones and the other cos you’ll need 2 to cover both years (for first two books mentioned). The link for the last textbook i mentioned is the one i bought.

Hope this helps!! good luck with exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shay7)
    Hi, I'm doing I'm in A2 and doing the same exam board as well. I understand what you mean there are limited resources for this course. Snaprevise have created videos to aid AQA A-Level Geography revision but the specifications do overlap to an extent so it may be worth trying although I must mention that to have full access to their content isn't free.I hope that helps.
    Oh also, these workbooks ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-lev...4G0QXSF7W7VN9E ) are full of exam Qs (again search for the various ones available) and the textbooks i mentioned in my last reply have exam qs in them too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 16, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.