Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Lily048)
    Did any such traits show themselves during your degree? E.g doing work close to the deadlines, late hand ins, bad attendance? It’s harder to apply yourself in a job where you are surrounded by seniors however that’s a good way to get into promotions because they are more likely to back up your application. But after 3 years if you still feel this down about it maybe you do need a change of scenery
    no at uni I gave everything on time, apart from final year I got depresses so had extensions as I couldn't do things on.time, I guess I am.still.depresssed
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no at uni I gave everything on time, apart from final year I got depresses so had extensions as I couldn't do things on.time, I guess I am.still.depresssed
    Maybe that depression has carried itself over and you’re still in the mindset of your final year - did your depression affect your grades at all? Most importantly, did you get help right from the start or are you still just coping with it by yourself?

Maybe that depression has carried itself over and you’re still in the mindset of your final year - did your depression affect your grades at all? Most importantly, did you get help right from the start or are you still just coping with it by yourself?
    yep it still carried over, I went therapy it didn't help, I still go therapy once a week, never tried meds but I know it's caused by my.glass half empty outlook. I'm on my way to work, with intention to resign, sadly I couldn't do well here.

it's become obvious to my colleagues and manger that I am depressed which is so embarassing, I wanted to take break from work without losing my civil service career bit I don't think short term sick leave will help as I will enjoy my time off and not want to go back.

ReputationRep:
    it's become obvious to my colleagues and manger that I am depressed which is so embarassing, I wanted to take break from work without losing my civil service career bit I don't think short term sick leave will help as I will enjoy my time off and not want to go back.
    Surely that means they’ll be more understanding if you need time off from work? Even if you do enjoy it, it may give you a boost of energy you need to get back into work happier than you are now, with a more positive mindset

ReputationRep:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  7.4 KB

"Clean Your Room, Bucko " Jordan Peterson

I feel so lost in my life right now, I hate my job and I don't have friends at the moment. I do not have a focus career wise. I have no friends, I was doing so well before and then everything went wrong. having bad advice from elder siblings to not take certain career paths that I wanted such as radiography. I was then meant to be a teacher but was too nervous. I didn't end up applying for grad schemes, I am just working full time in a career which has no appeal to me. I really want to be successful and I am someone who wanted to do a long a career after my degree. I see so my peers who used to mess about and did degrees such as accounting and now earning alot even though I did a very hard academic subject. I think my lack of confidence and happiness impacts me that I do not get what I want. I don't know what I want and how to start a new life or make most of what I studied instead of regret what I chose

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBR5v89L6gk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.