Does this make sense? Watch

Jamiejames789
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So my supervisor keeps telling me if I fail law the college won't accept me next year because I won't have enough UCAS points which makes no sense at all to me as I would have enough UCAS points to the course I would want to do. It's not even my fault the college placed me on the course late after me nagging them for so long. I'm capped ad a pass now and think what's the point of doing the course if I'm only going to get a pass my teachers are telling me to just drop out completely and start fresh next year but my mum doesn't like that idea as she doesn't want me to sit at home all day. Obviously I would find a job or some ****. Can somebody just advise me whether doing the work and stressing myself out is really necessary or can I just fail and change it next year. My friends are telling me that if I fail that subject the college will only not let me do that subject again next year and with other su kectd they will ask why I failed but I pretty much have a good reasons why.
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Jamiejames789)
So my supervisor keeps telling me if I fail law the college won't accept me next year because I won't have enough UCAS points which makes no sense at all to me as I would have enough UCAS points to the course I would want to do. It's not even my fault the college placed me on the course late after me nagging them for so long. I'm capped ad a pass now and think what's the point of doing the course if I'm only going to get a pass my teachers are telling me to just drop out completely and start fresh next year but my mum doesn't like that idea as she doesn't want me to sit at home all day. Obviously I would find a job or some ****. Can somebody just advise me whether doing the work and stressing myself out is really necessary or can I just fail and change it next year. My friends are telling me that if I fail that subject the college will only not let me do that subject again next year and with other su kectd they will ask why I failed but I pretty much have a good reasons why.
It is difficult to understand what you exact situation is.
Can you break it down and provide more clarity?

You are trying to get in Uni or College? To study what?
You are about to fail law A level and are capped?
Are you doing a BTEC?
What about your other subjects?
How old are you in September?

If you cant explain it on TSR then talk to a careers adviser.
https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home

My guess is just restart fresh next year, even if in a different subject and get a job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.35%
No (417)
72.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise