Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys. Any tips on how to be motivated when feeling depressed and a loner . I won’t accept answers such as taking breaks because that doesn’t help me. There’s 9 weeks left till gcses and I seriously don’t know how to pull myself together even though I have a revision timetable.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys. Any tips on how to be motivated when feeling depressed and a loner . I won’t accept answers such as taking breaks because that doesn’t help me. There’s 9 weeks left till gcses and I seriously don’t know how to pull myself together even though I have a revision timetable.
    First off: chill. GCSEs are not the be All and end all (as much as teachers like to say they are). Try your best, that’s all you can do at the end of the day.
    Second: don’t run your brain ragged with ifs and buts on how to revise and what will happen in the future etc. It’s not helpful to you or your future.
    Third: take a day to organise yourself - and I mean both you mentally as well as your revision notes. A quiet space where you feel your most comfortable and are able to think logically about it all.
    Fourth: when in lessons, how did you learn best? Watching a practical? Writing notes? Copying notes? Pictures in textbooks? Whichever you believed was the easiest, transfer that to revision and make it fun for yourself. E.g Use YouTube, colourful notes and even flash cards to aid the visual. Try condensing notes down so you’re writing less but taking more in as you do it (like writing from memory almost).

Before you know it it’ll be over and it will be summer. They will be but a thing of the past and you can take the next step forward in education and forget about your GCSEs (I’m doing my degree and can’t even remember what GCSEs I got haha). I don’t even have them on my CV!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.