Turn on thread page Beta

I made my crush feel uncomfortable watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I found my crush on snapchat he other day and started messaging her and she was replying to me and it was going fine but today I asked her something and she didn't reply, so 2 hours later I asked something else and she didn't reply. 3 hours later I asked her 2 or 3 questions. She was reading my messages but not replying to them. About 10 minutes after my latest question, I got a message from my crush's friends saying I had made my crush feel uncomfortable. I apologized to my crush and her friend said it was fine and I shouldn't worry about it but I don't know what I should do. I know I should definitely leave it for a while but what next?

ReputationRep:
    what did u say to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by todger911)
    what did u say to her
    What he said is not important.

What is though, is that the OP needs to be more self-aware of your actions that may cause someone to become uncomfortable. Maybe tone down the questions or maybe you are asking inappropriate questions that may not seem like it to you. Regardless typically if they don't respond to your message after like the 2nd message probably best to stop sending messages!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Nutter)
    What he said is not important.

What is though, is that the OP needs to be more self-aware of your actions that may cause someone to become uncomfortable. Maybe tone down the questions or maybe you are asking inappropriate questions that may not seem like it to you. Regardless typically if they don't respond to your message after like the 2nd message probably best to stop sending messages!!
    what he said is needed because based on the content sent he must react in a specific way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crosssafley)
    what he said is needed because based on the content sent he must react in a specific way.
    Generally speaking though it won't matter unless he asked for nudes or just out right insulted her which I doubt as OP probably wouldn't be perplexed in why she is feeling uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Nutter)
    Generally speaking though it won't matter unless he asked for nudes or just out right insulted her which I doubt as OP probably wouldn't be perplexed in why she is feeling uncomfortable.
    What makes women uncomfortable can be an enigma for those who may be slightly anti-social so we must know what has been written and explain why it has caused her to become uncomfortable so he doesn't do it again to another unsuspecting female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by todger911)
    what did u say to her
    At first I was asking her about video games and she was replying and it was fine but she didn't reply when I asked what her profile picture was (it was a bit more, I'm new to snapchat) and I asked her about what bitmoji was so I don't think it was what I said. Her friend said she was uncomfortable because she doesn't like talking to people she's not close to, but how can I get close to her without talking!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman42)
    At first I was asking her about video games and she was replying and it was fine but she didn't reply when I asked what her profile picture was (it was a bit more, I'm new to snapchat) and I asked her about what bitmoji was so I don't think it was what I said. Her friend said she was uncomfortable because she doesn't like talking to people she's not close to, but how can I get close to her without talking!?
    Try talking to her in person, like say hi to her once in a while
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shish_bish)
    Try talking to her in person, like say hi to her once in a while
    I've talked to her in person a few times before because I used to sit next to her in one of my lessons but I don't anymore and she's always hanging around her friends so I can't talk to her alone anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crosssafley)
    unsuspecting female.
    haha great way to make the op sound like a stalker xD

ReputationRep:
    A bit intense on the messaging, just back off. Go for face to face communication where you get immediate feedback. Likely she's not interested though if she's felt uncomfortable with what you describe.

ReputationRep:
    I've talked to her in person a few times before because I used to sit next to her in one of my lessons but I don't anymore and she's always hanging around her friends so I can't talk to her alone anywhere else.
    I feel you , but just know that in this world some people are “weird” I swear I don’t even see y she got pissed but I think when u asked her about her profile picture she felt insecure and probably she’s not that interested in talking to you as much as you might want you.
    I get over her don’t be available for someone who isn’t, there are 7 billion people in this world and one person shouldn’t ruin your day.

ReputationRep:
    If someone doesn’t reply to you and leaves you on read, it’s a good guess that they don’t want to talk to you. If you kept on messaging her persistently even though she felt like she was sending a clear message that she didn’t want to talk, that might be why she got her friend to tell you to stop.

Next step is to leave it for now, try again in a few days. If she doesn’t reply again then move on, you can’t force someone to talk to you.

(Original post by Shish_bish)
    I feel you , but just know that in this world some people are “weird” I swear I don’t even see y she got pissed but I think when u asked her about her profile picture she felt insecure and probably she’s not that interested in talking to you as much as you might want you.
    I get over her don’t be available for someone who isn’t, there are 7 billion people in this world and one person shouldn’t ruin your day.
    I don't see how asking what her profile picture is would make her feel insecure

ReputationRep:
    I found my crush on snapchat he other day and started messaging her and she was replying to me and it was going fine but today I asked her something and she didn't reply, so 2 hours later I asked something else and she didn't reply. 3 hours later I asked her 2 or 3 questions. She was reading my messages but not replying to them. About 10 minutes after my latest question, I got a message from my crush's friends saying I had made my crush feel uncomfortable. I apologized to my crush and her friend said it was fine and I shouldn't worry about it but I don't know what I should do. I know I should definitely leave it for a while but what next?

She's not into you.

You say you "found" her snapchat, so she didn't give it to you?

You then messaged her so much that her friend had to step in

move on.........

(Original post by ANM775)
    She's not into you.

You say you "found" her snapchat, so she didn't give it to you?

You then messaged her so much that her friend had to step in

move on.........
    Well tbh my cousin told me her username

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well tbh my cousin told me her username
    I accidentally made this post anonymous just ignore that

ReputationRep:
    tbh if she asked her friend to talk to you and tell you that she felt uncomfortable, she's just not interested in you. Sorry if that's harsh, but if she was at all interested in getting to know you, then even if she didn't reply for a while, she certainly wouldn't have asked her friend to contact you. At first I think she replied to seem polite.
    I really think that the best idea is to just not talk to her again. Sure, you can be friendly in real life, but going out of your way to contact her (even after waiting for a while) will just make her feel uncomfortable again. She knows you want to talk to her, so if she ever starts wanting to chat to you or becomes at all interested you as a person, she will message you herself.

ReputationRep:
    So should I message her in a few days or never again?

ReputationRep:
    So should I message her in a few days or never again?
    I would say never again, unless she messages you. She has made it clear through her friend that she feels uncomfortable when you message her, so waiting a few days and doing it again will just make her feel like you’re not respecting her feelings or listening to her. So leaving it is the best thing to do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.