Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On Friday my full UK licence arrived which was awesome as I needed a form of ID again instead of carrying around a passport (to buy alcohol).

My problem is as I’m renting at the moment I may be switching houses very often and my licence is registered to my family home. Is there a point of changing the address each time or should I wait till I’m settled into a permanent place?

Thanks,

Jason
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jason15300)
    On Friday my full UK licence arrived which was awesome as I needed a form of ID again instead of carrying around a passport (to buy alcohol).

My problem is as I’m renting at the moment I may be switching houses very often and my licence is registered to my family home. Is there a point of changing the address each time or should I wait till I’m settled into a permanent place?

Thanks,

Jason
    You're legally obliged to change your address on your licence every time you move. If you've moved out of the family home, that shouldn't be the address on your licence.

It's free to update, and you risk a fine by not doing so.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.