Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been looking at all the accommodation choices and I have no clue which one to choose. I want to stay somewhere quite social, so which one is the most social now that East Slopes is gone?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly depends on the people you end up living with but I’m leaning towards Park houses

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Northfield as my second choice (after the 'New Student Village' housing that's being built rn !) and then Swanborough and Stanmer Court are my 3rd and 4th choices I'm just not sure whether to go for 'quiet' or same-sex housing!

ReputationRep:
    I’m currently in my first year at sussex now and I’m in northfield so if you have any questions feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovefruit)
    I’m currently in my first year at sussex now and I’m in northfield so if you have any questions feel free to ask
    did you apply for same-sex or 'quiet' housing and do you find the accommodation noisy at all? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloerachel21)
    did you apply for same-sex or 'quiet' housing and do you find the accommodation noisy at all? thanks!
    I applied for mixed sex and ended up with 2 boys and 3 other girls. Sorry I don’t understand what you mean by quiet housing but noise isn’t really an issue in northfield. It’s a pretty quiet place and obviously it depends on the type of people you live with but I haven’t had any issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloerachel21)
    Sorry to interrupt but I applied for mature and quiet accommodation and got neither, I ended up moving after 2 months as I was put in a noisy flat in Northfield. Unfortunately it all seems very hit and miss, I am so happy now in my new flat though. My new flatmates all applied for same sex accommodation and got it if that helps!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if
    if east slope is being replaced what is now going to be the most social/partying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamish Regan)
    if

if east slope is being replaced what is now going to be the most social/partying?
    I would say park houses but again it really does depend on who you live with. There are people who I know who live in east slope and their flat isn’t particularly sociable, whereas I currently live in northfield and all my flatmates are really great friends and we’re also friends with a lot of people in our block. There isn’t a particularly ‘antisocial’ place to live but park houses share between 12 so I’d say there’s a higher chance of them being sociable.

ReputationRep:
    I would say park houses but again it really does depend on who you live with. There are people who I know who live in east slope and their flat isn’t particularly sociable, whereas I currently live in northfield and all my flatmates are really great friends and we’re also friends with a lot of people in our block. There isn’t a particularly ‘antisocial’ place to live but park houses share between 12 so I’d say there’s a higher chance of them being sociable.
    It depends on which house you get as well. One of them (can’t remember which) is really small and unsociable. And some are just cleaner and nicer than others so it’s down to luck. As for parties, park ullage would be your best bet. Cheapest means more people spending on drinks

ReputationRep:
    I applied for mixed sex and ended up with 2 boys and 3 other girls. Sorry I don’t understand what you mean by quiet housing but noise isn’t really an issue in northfield. It’s a pretty quiet place and obviously it depends on the type of people you live with but I haven’t had any issues
    it's an option when applying for accomodation to select 'quiet' housing, which basically means you're with likeminded people (less partying, more studying) etc!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm a foundation year student @ Sussex and I've looked around a lot of the housing.

RIP East Slope

- I live in Brighthelm currently. The rooms are huge, the house atmosphere is really chill and if you get a good flat you can have a really nice time. It's very dated, so beware of **** breaking. You will save hundreds having a washing machine and dryer in your house. If you don't end up Brighthelm, make friends with someone who is so you can use their machine (a wash and a dry in the laundromat is 4.50 a go!!!!). There are occasional house parties, nothing too hectic, if you're up the hill though it can be a bit of a trek.

- Northfield is really nice, but very far away from everything. The block parties are hilarious when they happen. Facilities are super nice and new, walk into rest of campus can be quite long.

-Lewes Court is also nice, slightly older than Northfield but still modern. In between Northfield and Brighthelm. Lots of good parties, really nice social atmosphere, nice rooms, nice kitchens and living areas. Where I would have liked to live probably.

-Park Village is depressing. No communal area bar the kitchens. Can be very divided, paper thin walls, old worn out place, bugs occasionally, i'd avoid unless you're trying to save money. For the budget option, it's not that bad.

-Swanborough is really central, really friendly people and good atmosphere.

Good luck!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.