Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WTHHHHHH...Thoughts???? it's so important to keep hydrated looool, I'm so nervous aha. Good luck guys x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous_ygm)
    WTHHHHHH...Thoughts???? it's so important to keep hydrated looool, I'm so nervous aha. Good luck guys x
    Same I'm really nervous tooo. however I've learned to take advantage of the fact that its ramadhan. i'm not sure if you've heard of the hadeeth ''the dua of a fasting person is accepted'' so as muslims I think we should use this as an advantage and take as an opportunity to make loads of dua for our gcses. good luck to you too x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bookaddict02)
    Same I'm really nervous tooo. however I've learned to take advantage of the fact that its ramadhan. i'm not sure if you've heard of the hadeeth ''the dua of a fasting person is accepted'' so as muslims I think we should use this as an advantage and take as an opportunity to make loads of dua for our gcses. good luck to you too x
    Omg, that's so true...Inshallah we both do well, wish u the best xx

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it will be difficult. Be careful and make sure you drink a lot of water the night before.

ReputationRep:
    Hydration is a problem...
    ...but generally I don't feel like my 'brainpower' depletes in any way when i'm fasting; its just physical activities that **** me up gawdamn.

Chances are I won't be fasting. My dad don't mind, my mum does and she wants me to get the best in GCSE's I can without "any distraction". She says when i'm revising I can fast though.

ReputationRep:
    its fine I did my gcse's in Ramadan theres nothing to worry about I still managed to get A* s dont stress about that too much it won't affect you if youve done the revision good luck.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    my parents refused to let me do it during exam time because i would be ****ed without food or water on an exam day , so for all the days i missed Ramadan i did it by myself in the summer (which was easier because i didn't have to do much )

ReputationRep:
    i’m going to keep mine because it might get me extra blessings from god😂😂but on the days where i have 2 exams i probably won’t be fasting because the exams are quite draining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    Hydration is a problem...
    ...but generally I don't feel like my 'brainpower' depletes in any way when i'm fasting; its just physical activities that **** me up gawdamn.

Chances are I won't be fasting. My dad don't mind, my mum does and she wants me to get the best in GCSE's I can without "any distraction". She says when i'm revising I can fast though.
    Do u not think its better if u do fast???, i defo will be... Tbh i'm glad the exams are in ramadan more blessings and more chance of success tbh

ReputationRep:
    Do u not think its better if u do fast???, i defo will be... Tbh i'm glad the exams are in ramadan more blessings and more chance of success tbh
    It said that the dua of a fasting person is accepted; if a fasting person wished for a Allah to give him a Lamborghini the next day I doubt this will happen-you try, see if it works. See, I don't believe Allah cares about material stuff like grades and money, cars and stuff. The whole point of this finite existence/world is to get as much good deeds as possible and get into heaven.

I know friends in the year above that fasted, made dua and went taraweeh, and hoped for A*s. It never came. Now i'm not denying Allah's existence; its true my faith has declined since last year, but what I am saying is that he doesn't care about materialistic needs; the grades you get are in proportion/equal to the amount of work you put in.

This is my view even though fasting doesn't really affect me (at least in my 'brainpower' or whatever). My mum would not like me to fast because if I get good grades, I can give Sadaqah and help the poor and fast later to make up for it; Better to fast later then risk what is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Spoiler:
    Show

Lots of people fasted last year just for an excuse as to not doing well ("Oh I fasted that's why I got 6 C's; if I didn't I would've done better). I'm thinking of doing this but deep down I don't think I can. Using my religion as an excuse is just really disgusting. Plus I love testing my limits. Although i'm nervous due to lack of preparation I am also excited.

ReputationRep:
    It said that the dua of a fasting person is accepted; if a fasting person wished for a Allah to give him a Lamborghini the next day I doubt this will happen-you try, see if it works. See, I don't believe Allah cares about material stuff like grades and money, cars and stuff. The whole point of this finite existence/world is to get as much good deeds as possible and get into heaven.

I know friends in the year above that fasted, made dua and went taraweeh, and hoped for A*s. It never came. Now i'm not denying Allah's existence; its true my faith has declined since last year, but what I am saying is that he doesn't care about materialistic needs; the grades you get are in proportion/equal to the amount of work you put in.

This is my view even though fasting doesn't really affect me (at least in my 'brainpower' or whatever). My mum would not like me to fast because if I get good grades, I can give Sadaqah and help the poor and fast later to make up for it; Better to fast later then risk what is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Spoiler:
    Show

Lots of people fasted last year just for an excuse as to not doing well ("Oh I fasted that's why I got 6 C's; if I didn't I would've done better). I'm thinking of doing this but deep down I don't think I can. Using my religion as an excuse is just really disgusting. Plus I love testing my limits. Although i'm nervous due to lack of preparation I am also excited.

Allah wants u to work hard, their is a purpose for School in this dunya and that is to make u successful, so u r able to provide for your family, u think i wanna get gd grades for the buzz??? Take advantage of education, so many people don't have it... School educates me, the first word revealed to "read" i go to School to read, i go to learn, i go to make my parents proud... so it's not 'material stuff' it's more than that.

ur relationship with Alah is like an eagle, to fly u need to have hope and fear, have hope that allah will help u do well, but also have fear that u will fail and work yourself. Your friends prayed...wow, they fasted...wow, but clearly they didn't work hard enuf

ReputationRep:
    Allah wants u to work hard, their is a purpose for School in this dunya and that is to make u successful, so u r able to provide for your family, u think i wanna get gd grades for the buzz??? Take advantage of education, so many people don't have it... School educates me, the first word revealed to "read" i go to School to read, i go to learn, i go to make my parents proud... so it's not 'material stuff' it's more than that.

ur relationship with Alah is like an eagle, to fly u need to have hope and fear, have hope that allah will help u do well, but also have fear that u will fail and work yourself. Your friends prayed...wow, they fasted...wow, but clearly they didn't work hard enuf
    Not once did I say you just want to get good grades for a buzz.
    :dots:

I literally said the exact same thing; they didn't work hard enough :dots:

Oh believe me I'm grateful for education. Not once did I say I was not. I value education. Ok true, maybe school is something more than just materialistic in the fact that you are able to provide for your family (if i ever have one). Maybe Allah does care about grades...question is if Allah cared about grades so much, surely he would let us not fast in order to help us concentrate?

This is why although i now believe that Allah cares about grades, I still don't think he cares about them much; the man who prays 5 times a day is loved more than a man who works hard to become an accountant, provides for his family and parents but the only time he goes Namaaz is Jummah. The prophet himself focused on pleasing Allah rather than going from an illiterate to an educated man.

Anyways, i'm still probably not going to fast during my exams (dont think my mum will let me); I will when i'm revising in between them, I will go Taraweeh. You have changed my mind, I will probably ask for good grades. Inshallah my dua(s) will be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Not once did I say you just want to get good grades for a buzz.
    :dots:

I literally said the exact same thing; they didn't work hard enough :dots:

Oh believe me I'm grateful for education. Not once did I say I was not. I value education. Ok true, maybe school is something more than just materialistic in the fact that you are able to provide for your family (if i ever have one). Maybe Allah does care about grades...question is if Allah cared about grades so much, surely he would let us not fast in order to help us concentrate?

This is why although i now believe that Allah cares about grades, I still don't think he cares about them much; the man who prays 5 times a day is loved more than a man who works hard to become an accountant, provides for his family and parents but the only time he goes Namaaz is Jummah. The prophet himself focused on pleasing Allah rather than going from an illiterate to an educated man.

Anyways, i'm still probably not going to fast during my exams (dont think my mum will let me); I will when i'm revising in between them, I will go Taraweeh. You have changed my mind, I will probably ask for good grades. Inshallah my dua(s) will be accepted.
    Tbh i think if we do fast Allah will make it easy for us anyway... he won't make it difficult and i wouldn't miss prayers for revision, but i will balance both and inshallah hope for the best. I hope u do change ur mind, ur old enuf to keep fasts and tbh it is compulsory, i promise Allah will make it easy for u and u will be rewarded after all deen before dunya

ReputationRep:
    Don’t fast it will affect your performance during exams especially when its the first few days and you aren’t used to it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Idk what im going to do either, and even fasting when there are no exams will surely make revision much less productive, especially since most revision will be done in the last few hours.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

no one can know what Allah 'cares about'. He's described as transcendent (beyond all understanding). personally i will probably fast through the GCSEs cos i think it will bring extra blessing and help me to get better grades

ReputationRep:
    I have had two exams in Ramadan last year and one in the year before (MCQ) it was scorching hot here on all occasions but this time it's gonna be difficult

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I wouldn't fast on the days you have exams. You need to be hydrated especially in summer or you won't be able to concentrate fully. Missing a fast because you have an exam is a perfectly valid excuse you can make up the fasts after Ramadan. You don't want to get sick or lose concentration during an exam because you get 1 chance only. You can always make up fasts but you can't take an exam whenever you want.

ReputationRep:
    I think you meant to say 'GCSEs in Ramadan' - I am glad many of the people on this post know to put their deen first. Maa sha Allah! I did my final year exams in University last Ramadan and I did my salah in the middle and Allah rewarded me with a 1st class degree Allahuma barik. The promise of Allah is true! Do not doubt His Power, Mercy or Capabilities for even a second because remember you exam is for this dunya but the ultimate test is with Allah - "
    [He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed" [67:2] I will be sure to keep you all in my duas. Trust Allah and Fear Him as He is to be feared - He will reward you accordingly. I will leave you with this quote from the Quran -
    "And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. And will provide for him from where he does not expect." Next year's Ramadan is not guaranteed. Make the most of Allah's blessings this Ramadan in sha Allah - He and He alone is in charge of EVERYTHING you are striving towards. May He make it easy for us all. Amin

P.S. I am trying to wear hijab consistently - please make dua for me xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm however choosing not to fast...who said Duas won't come true in the month of Ramadan allahamduilah I believe if Ramadan is during our GCSEs it's happened for a reason. I wish to fast later but in the month revise and give to the poor. The sawaab is there and so is the intention. Fasting because u want a good grade is wrong (my opinion no hate) the only intention you should have is to clear your sins. But good luck to anyone that chooses to! Xx

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.