The Student Room Group

Fine art University courses Newcastle, UAL Chelsea and Leeds Art University?

I've got offers from all the Universities, I was wondering if I can get opinions in which one I should pick. It would be helpful if I can get opinion from students studying in the course right now.
Hi Hannah

I've recently graduated from the Fine Art course at Leeds Arts University and I'm now a member of staff. I know the university really well and have lived in Leeds for nearly four years!

The Fine Art course at LAU is incredibly practice based, the majority of our time is spent working in the studio and workshops. We get an induction on all the workshops in the University (printmaking, woodwork, metal, ceramics, plaster, glass, photography), all the facilities and workshop instructors are amazing. Anything that I wanted to make but didn't know how they would think of a solution and guide me through making it. My degree show wouldn't have been able to happen without them!

Leeds Arts University is an institution dedicated entirely to the arts, I've made a lot of friends and collaborators within University. It's very easy to become part of the 'art-scene' in Leeds when you're surrounded by creatives. Leeds also has amazing and affordable access to surrounding art galleries and museums, to name a few... The Hepworth, Wakefield, Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Manchester is only 45 minutes away!

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Belinda
Original post by Hanahsofia
I've got offers from all the Universities, I was wondering if I can get opinions in which one I should pick. It would be helpful if I can get opinion from students studying in the course right now.

Hi there

I applied to study Fine Art at Newcastle also, I like all their facilities, the staff were really friendly and my interview went great. I was torn between Newcastle and Sheffield Hallam. In the end I chose to go to Hallam because they gave me an unconditional offer and my brother was already studying in Newcastle, so I wanted to start university in a new city that was just my own.

There are lots of things to consider when picking a university as it will be your new home for the next few years. Leeds is a great art and student city, what are the other two like? How far is it from home/is it is to travel there. And do they offer a placement or Erasmus if that is what you are interested in. Remember also that you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you.

Hope that helps,

Chandni

Quick Reply

Latest