Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am starting at university of aberdeen in september....... if i can figure out if my kids are going to be ok childcare wise!
    currently i am at college doing a course thats equivalent to first 2 years at uni, and then in september i will be going in to year 3 or a bachelor's. i understand that because this is mechanical engineering, i will be in uni a lot for tutorials and lectures and such, more than first 2 years.
    at college im there for 2 full days, its a joke really. my wife is off work those 2 days, so she has our toddler and does the school run for our 7 year old. when im not at college, i do it and she goes to work. this will not be possible in september if i am there for as long as ive been told i will be.

i am going to apply to the uni for the childcare fund that they allocate themselves, has anyone applied for this? how much did you get because the woman i talked to was very vague on how much you could be awarded.

any information is appreciated, if i cant get this sorted i may have to decline my place and try get back on the career ladder early :-(

cheers folks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.