Turn on thread page Beta

Calling all parents! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i am starting at university of aberdeen in september....... if i can figure out if my kids are going to be ok childcare wise!
    currently i am at college doing a course thats equivalent to first 2 years at uni, and then in september i will be going in to year 3 or a bachelor's. i understand that because this is mechanical engineering, i will be in uni a lot for tutorials and lectures and such, more than first 2 years.
    at college im there for 2 full days, its a joke really. my wife is off work those 2 days, so she has our toddler and does the school run for our 7 year old. when im not at college, i do it and she goes to work. this will not be possible in september if i am there for as long as ive been told i will be.

i am going to apply to the uni for the childcare fund that they allocate themselves, has anyone applied for this? how much did you get because the woman i talked to was very vague on how much you could be awarded.

any information is appreciated, if i cant get this sorted i may have to decline my place and try get back on the career ladder early :-(

cheers folks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.