Turn on thread page Beta

Who is finishing in the top 4? watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    With the Premier League title race over in November this is the next best thing, and it's getting very interesting now.

Man United 65pts (+35 gd)
    Tottenham 61pts (+34)
    Liverpool 60pts (+34)
    Chelsea 56pts (+25)

Next 3 games for each side:
    Swansea (H) Man City (A) West Brom (H)
    Chelsea (A) Stoke (A) Man City (H)
    Watford (H) Crystal Palace (A) Everton (A)
    Tottenham (H) West Ham (H) Southampton (A)

Who do people think will be the unlucky team that ends 5th? Man United look like they'll be ok, but 3 into 2 doesn't go and someone has to miss out.

You'd say Chelsea have to beat Spurs next up. If they do, they are in a great position to overtake them.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will stay as it is.

I bloody hope so too because i'm a Liverpool fan!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    City, United, Liverpool and Spurs.
    Can't really see Chelsea making it to the top 4 tbh but that's just me

ReputationRep:
    City, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs. Think it'll be down to the wire though.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Same as it is.

Chelsea will most likely lose or draw to Spurs and Liverpool when they play them

They still have to play Swansea and Newcastle as well which are hard games considering that they are fighting for their lives
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    City, Utd, Liverpool, Spurs. Think it'll be down to the wire though.
    I agree. Going to be close between the 3.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea have three big games left, two of which are six pointers (Spurs and Liverpool at home). We’ve also got Burnley away which is also tough.

The other teams we should be beating as there all bottom half and might even be all 14th or lower. Don’t deserve top 4 if we don’t beat them.

We basically need to win every game.

ReputationRep:
    1st- Manchester City :king1:
    2nd-Manchester United
    3rd-Tottenham Hot spurs
    4th-Liverpool
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    1)Man City
    2) Man U
    Then the rest are pretty tight...

ReputationRep:
    The top four race seemed interesting around a month ago but now it seems the top four will be as it is because I can see Chelsea dropping more points as the trudge along down the road that will eventually see Conte depart.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by S.G.)
    Chelsea have three big games left, two of which are six pointers (Spurs and Liverpool at home). We’ve also got Burnley away which is also tough.

The other teams we should be beating as there all bottom half and might even be all 14th or lower. Don’t deserve top 4 if we don’t beat them.

We basically need to win every game.
    If you beat Spurs it gets very interesting, because they may not beat Man City and even Stoke away is no gimme. The table could easily be Chelsea & Spurs together on 65pts with 5 games left.

We're safe barring a massive collapse and Liverpool look safe too. It's probably going to be one of you two.

ReputationRep:
    City
    Liverpool
    Utd
    Spurs

ReputationRep:
    City have obviously already won it.

Liverpool are now the only other side still in the CL out of the others competing for 2nd down to 5th. Could that distract their focus? I think Chelsea have to beat Spurs in a couple of weeks if they have any hopes of finishing top 4.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    City have obviously already won it.

Liverpool are now the only other side still in the CL out of the others competing for 2nd down to 5th. Could that distract their focus? I think Chelsea have to beat Spurs in a couple of weeks if they have any hopes of finishing top 4.
    How do you feel Klopp approaches the Everton game? Either side of the European games and let's be honest, they won't hesitate to kick Salah, Firmino & Mane off the pitch. If he chooses to rest 7-8 players they have a chance of getting something.

Liverpool have an excellent record at Stamford Bridge too. I just can't see you bottling it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    How do you feel Klopp approaches the Everton game? Either side of the European games and let's be honest, they won't hesitate to kick Salah, Firmino & Mane off the pitch. If he chooses to rest 7-8 players they have a chance of getting something.

Liverpool have an excellent record at Stamford Bridge too. I just can't see you bottling it.
    We rested Salah against Porto, I would opt to rest Firmino and Mane for Ings and Solanke. Salah will be wanting goals for the golden boot so I think he'll play; let's face it - Everton are prime candidates to help him towards it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

I don't think he will rest anyone.. Man City play Man Utd and could win the title against them so I don't see Guardiola resting players either?

Tbh we could rotate most of the squad and not lose much quality:

Matip or Lovren
    Robertson or Moreno
    Gomez or TAA
    Henderson or Can
    Wijnaldum or Milner
    Ox or Lallana

Goalkeepers dont need rotate. VDD likely won't need to worry about being kicked since he's a TANK.

That just leaves your front 3.. there's a big drop off in quality from our front 3 but maybe you take them off after 60 mins? He rotated against Everton in November and got a lot of stick for it and so in the FA Cup he went very strong. As much as we want to do well in the CL, I'm sure Klopp is aware that Liverpool have to beat Everton. Play them all for 60 mins, smash them and then rotate?

Salah will want to play every minute while he can too.

ReputationRep:
    snip
    I really feel Ings deserves a start, he's just been so unlucky each time he's come on at 75+ mins. With a full game against the Toffee's I'm sure he could bag a goal or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brachioradialis)
    I really feel Ings deserves a start, he's just been so unlucky each time he's come on at 75+ mins. With a full game against the Toffee's I'm sure he could bag a goal or two.
    Why bring on a player who hasn't scored for a trio who have 73 goals between them in all competitions? Ings doesn't have a long term future at the club imo.

ReputationRep:
    Why bring on a player who hasn't scored for a trio who have 73 goals between them in all competitions? Ings doesn't have a long term future at the club imo.
    He hasn't scored because he's barely had a chance between unfortunate, unrelated injuries and barely starting a match. I would disagree and say I think he's an ideal backup to Firmino – he makes the runs, finds space, not afraid to track back and has a powerful finish. At the end of the day, how do you know he's no good until he's had decent opportunity?

Every appearance he's made thus far he's came within a hair's width of scoring. Just unfortunate in my view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brachioradialis)
    He hasn't scored because he's barely had a chance between unfortunate, unrelated injuries and barely starting a match. I would disagree and say I think he's an ideal backup to Firmino – he makes the runs, finds space, not afraid to track back and has a powerful finish. At the end of the day, how do you know he's no good until he's had decent opportunity?

Every appearance he's made thus far he's came within a hair's width of scoring. Just unfortunate in my view.
    I just think we'll buy a new striker in the summer with more potential. He made sense as a free signing under Rodgers and probably would've played under Klopp too but he's lost 2 years of his career and we don't have the availability to work him back to full match fitness and give him regular games.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.