Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for accommodation for Treforst in the university of south wales. You have to pay £200 on August when you sign the contract for the year. Is there any help for paying for it? Or does your loans come in on time for it As both my parents are on benefits and I don't have a job
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    haha thank you. It seems like I am gonna have to get a job or save up my EMA money. I am a bad saver and no one will give me a job cos of lack of experience c

ReputationRep:
    I'll also need to get a part-time job, otherwise I can't pay for the accommodation there (as I'm not eligible for a maintenance loan), I'm really excited though!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Your loan comes in in September / October during freshers week, so it's your own money to pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhian98)
    I have applied for accommodation for Treforst in the university of south wales. You have to pay £200 on August when you sign the contract for the year. Is there any help for paying for it? Or does your loans come in on time for it As both my parents are on benefits and I don't have a job
    You won't get your loan until at least 3-4 days after you've registered at the university. You may be able to negotiate with the university regarding the deposit - some are more flexible than others. You will also need to fund living costs for the first few days and the cost of everything you will need to take to university e.g. bedding, cultery, crockery.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.