The Student Room Group

GCSEs for a career in law?

Hello,
I am interested in a career as a (corporate) lawyer and would really appreciate advice on which GCSEs are best for a good law university in the UK (such as Cambridge).
Thank you,
Rachel
Apparently History’s a good one but frankly it doesn’t really matter. Unis care more about A-levels
None matters its about getting good grades all around.
Reply 3
Original post by HorusTheAvenger
Hello,
I am interested in a career as a (corporate) lawyer and would really appreciate advice on which GCSEs are best for a good law university in the UK (such as Cambridge).
Thank you,
Rachel

GCSEs don’t really have a specific orientation towards areas that would help achievements in law.
History would be good but it won’t aid an application or your understand on the topic.
Unless you are offered advance vocational (like psychology, etc) then you are best just choosing the ones you believe you’ll enjoy the most.
The more academic the better - I.e avoiding art-based subjects
Reply 4
Original post by HorusTheAvenger
Hello,
Thank you,
Rachel

Whichever GCSEs you enjoy and will do well at. The "core" subjects plus whatever others you enjoy will meet the entry requirements for any university course.

Quick Reply

Latest