Turn on thread page Beta

How did you start talking to your partner? watch

How did you ask them out? Did you know each other before as friends? Tell me your story?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How did you ask them out? Did you know each other before as friends? Tell me your story?
    Met her online, sent her a message and we got talking. Few days later we met up for a first date and the rest as they say is history.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in the process of trying to text her for the first time... :')
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

he asked me

i just went with the flow

ReputationRep:
    I was born with mine, really didn't truly unlock their full potential until 15 years old but let me tell you when I did I couldn't stop.

ReputationRep:
    read this as 'how did you start talking to your printer' nd thanks to tsr i took it as normal

(Original post by UWS)
    Met her online, sent her a message and we got talking. Few days later we met up for a first date and the rest as they say is history.
    story of my life :P except I'm not quite to "partner" status yet
    (or bf/whatever you call it)

(Original post by MxAdnani)
    I'm still in the process of trying to text her for the first time... :'
    For the first time ever? How did you get her number then?

(Original post by YouAreAYute)
    read this as 'how did you start talking to your printer' nd thanks to tsr i took it as normal
    Hahah well you can tell me your story of how you started talking to your printer as well if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    For the first time ever? How did you get her number then?
    I have her on snapchat. I know her from school and we're going on a school trip together so I have her in a group chat.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by YouAreAYute)
    I am quite literally dying after reading this XD omg YouAreAYute please never stop posting on here :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hahah well you can tell me your story of how you started talking to your printer as well if you wish.
    didnt fknnn print my work so i shouted abuse at it
    it stayed quiet and took it
    we were compatible

ReputationRep:
    okay that comment to YouAreAYute was me but got posted anon before I could change it xD

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy forum lol

ReputationRep:
    I am quite literally dying after reading this XD omg YouAreAYute please never stop posting on here :rofl:
    aha aw x

Met online, he messaged me first and we started talking. He asked me on a date and I said yes. We went on a few more and then I started the ''let's make it official'' conversation

ReputationRep:
    I met mine at a sixth form party 🎈alcohol helped at this and subsequent events to seal the deal ☺️

ReputationRep:
    We were best friends before dating after meeting in a chemistry class at school. He was also friends with a few of my guy friends so I had already knew him to see for a while before that class.

ReputationRep:
    we were in the same halls at uni. I was quite rude to her the first time we met, she wanted to talk, and I shut her off a bit.

Later she saw me baking a cake - she asked me to teach her how. We didn't speak for a few weeks, and then I remembered and asked if she still wanted to. We went to the supermarket, came back, baked some really nice cupcakes. after that we started to spend a lot of time together, a few weeks later got together properly, a few months later got engaged, half a year later we were married, 4 years after we are still very happily married.

(looking back, the fact that I was entirely indifferent to her at first, really helped me out. I'm not great at being cool in situations like this, as I am usually very honest about what I think/feel, but in this case I was so busy on other things in my life, that this girl who was showing interest in me, didn't even register until quite a while later)

ReputationRep:
    We met at university - I thought he was irritating because he always answered all the questions in class. We didn't really associate with each other, but we said hi whenever we saw each other. Ended up running into him in third year library season (rocking the classic 'I haven't washed in a while' look, with no makeup, 'comfy' sweatshirt clothing and scraped back hair) and got talking. He asked me to go get food with him, and we ended up in a restaurant. (I thought we were going to Tesco so I had no idea whether it was a date or he just got really fed up of meal deals), but we ended up going out after exams. That was a few years ago, and we're still going strong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.