Turn on thread page Beta

Access courses that can get you into a Veterinary Medicine degree!!!!??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was wondering if anyone has done any science/veterinary based access courses that have got you on to a veterinary medicine degree? I haven’t had offers from the veterinary medicine degrees I was interviewed for this year so looking to do an access course and reapply in 2019!!!

If anyone has any suggestions I would be extremely grateful! Thank you 😊
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    This isn't really urgent This information will be found on all of the websites for universities that offer veterinary medicine courses, for example see here for the RVC.

If you were interviewed this year then surely you already have the academic requirements required to let you in (or you will have by the end of the year)? Grades is the first filter they use when whittling down the applicant pool, so you would not have made it to interview if what you have already wasn't acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emiliexx)
    URGENT!!!! Was wondering if anyone has done any science/veterinary based access courses that have got you on to a veterinary medicine degree? I haven’t had offers from the veterinary medicine degrees I was interviewed for this year so looking to do an access course and reapply in 2019!!!

Hiya, you can go to collage and do an animal nursing assistant qualification, thats what i did, then you can either get emplyment and do your nursing degree while working (the practice pay your fees) or you can do it through uni full time, usually myerscough uni in preston x

ReputationRep:
    I agree with LTC. If you have been interviewed this year then the qualifications you are doing/have done are enough. Ask the universities for feedback, smash those grades this year, do some more work experience, and re-apply for 2019 entry.

(Original post by Emiliexx)
    Was wondering if anyone has done any science/veterinary based access courses that have got you on to a veterinary medicine degree? I haven’t had offers from the veterinary medicine degrees I was interviewed for this year so looking to do an access course and reapply in 2019!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 11, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.