The Student Room Group

Access courses that can get you into a Veterinary Medicine degree!!!!???

Was wondering if anyone has done any science/veterinary based access courses that have got you on to a veterinary medicine degree? I haven’t had offers from the veterinary medicine degrees I was interviewed for this year so looking to do an access course and reapply in 2019!!!

If anyone has any suggestions I would be extremely grateful! Thank you 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
This isn't really urgent :tongue: This information will be found on all of the websites for universities that offer veterinary medicine courses, for example see here for the RVC.

If you were interviewed this year then surely you already have the academic requirements required to let you in (or you will have by the end of the year)? Grades is the first filter they use when whittling down the applicant pool, so you would not have made it to interview if what you have already wasn't acceptable.
Reply 2
Original post by Emiliexx
URGENT!!!! Was wondering if anyone has done any science/veterinary based access courses that have got you on to a veterinary medicine degree? I haven’t had offers from the veterinary medicine degrees I was interviewed for this year so looking to do an access course and reapply in 2019!!!

Hiya, you can go to collage and do an animal nursing assistant qualification, thats what i did, then you can either get emplyment and do your nursing degree while working (the practice pay your fees) or you can do it through uni full time, usually myerscough uni in preston x
I agree with LTC. If you have been interviewed this year then the qualifications you are doing/have done are enough. Ask the universities for feedback, smash those grades this year, do some more work experience, and re-apply for 2019 entry.

Original post by Emiliexx
Was wondering if anyone has done any science/veterinary based access courses that have got you on to a veterinary medicine degree? I haven’t had offers from the veterinary medicine degrees I was interviewed for this year so looking to do an access course and reapply in 2019!!!

Reply 4
Hey Emilie! I wanted to know Final choice did you do? Did you get into vet school or did you do an access course ?Let me know, it would really help me :smile: Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest