Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm going to do my GCSE this year in Maths and English. I aim to get an A. Do you know, if I get a B and I am disappointed (because I want an A), can I retake the exams the next year?
    I would be very happy, if you help me!

    I think it very much depends on what you plan to do post 16 i.e College, sixth form or apprenticeships
    I know at my college if you got higher than a C on some courses you were allowed to resist with the people who didn’t get a C but not all Level 3 courses allow that and you sound like you have too many qualifications for them to happily put you on a level 2 to resit x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    It is always possible to re-sit but you may have to pay to take the exams.

    You are allowed, but it may leave a bad stain on your record...

University open days

  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.