Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve known this guy for about 6/7 months now and his personality is amazing, he is smart and funny and really lovely but I’m not physically attracted to him at all. Sometimes I think I’m just lonely but other times I think it’s because I’m bored.
    My friends have read all the messages between us and they all think he likes me and when left unattended my friends asked him about me and he just said he didn’t want to ruin the friendship.
    How do I figure out how I feel without hurting him.

ReputationRep:
    If you're unsure and have to ask then you don't love him lel.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him that you won't ruin the friendship and ask him. Make sure you are lonely with him though as he may feel intimidated by your friends or anyone he knows.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I was in the same situation... everything was great, would be a perfect relationship it just I wasn't attracted to him at all (even though he was a good looking guy). I think you guys have to give it a chance otherwise you'll never know, but if you're not attracted to him then you can't really force yourself to be physically attracted, it won't magically happen. Either stay friends or try.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a relationship with this girl for 11 months, we were previously friends but then became more,after we split up it was difficult to be friends because of the history and eventually got back together, depending on your age I tend to find that there’s quite a lot of emotional/physical tension and it’s quite hard to handle, not saying that if you split up you couldn’t be friends but it would be harder
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.