The Student Room Group

If you wanted children but your partner didn't

Would you consider leaving them?
You have fun with them, they are a good person loves you but doesn't want kids
Yes I would leave them. Having children is something I want to do and am not willing to give up easily.
would be friends with them
Hmmmm sounds familiar...
not suspecting you’re anyone but this sounds eerily familiar
Reply 4
Would have to leave them.......
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Right now I wouldn’t leave them (21) however I would struggle an awful lot to leave them if it came to 30-40 years and still didn’t want children. A part of me thinks I would just stay because I can’t see my life without my partner yet I can’t see children for definite in it (yet)
Accidents do happen.....it could be intentional though :wink:

Jokes aside, if you really want kids, find another person coz even if they later say the want kids, it would probably be due to making you happy and not because they truly want them. They would be more likely to be a bad parent as well, seeing how being a parent is difficult and at the back of their mind they may have thoughts like "Shouldn't have had kids" but which parent never once thought of it :z.
Original post by Anonymous

I would have to leave them because i have always wanted children.
Reply 8
I've been the one that didn't want kids and we did split over it. For the best long-term.
I'd leave them and find someone who did want children. if it was the other way around, (he wanted children and I didn't) then yeah, leaving me would be fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending